Register Now
Kennysplash

What is your pet peeve in gaming?

What is it about games that can annoy you at times? I don’t like it when I pause the game and those songs just come up and start playing. Then I would have to mute my TV. I paused to get something done, mostly to pick a call. Why does there have to be songs playing? I find it annoying. 
What is a gaming pet peeve you have? 

This is also one of my pet peeves when it comes to games. If I am playing a game and I need to pause the game for something such as answering the door, answering a call and music plays, that is super frustrating and just not necessary. 

I'm starting to believe that games not pausing music on pause screens is a common peeve.  With good reason as well because it is really annoying.

Another one that come to mind for me is games without difficulty options.  I know "soulsborne" fans are a bit sensitive to this critisisum, but alternate difficulty options only makes games better.  It allows greater challenges whilst also forcing developers to work on other elements, such as storytelling, with equal focus.

I have a few especially in multiplayer - toxic players/tryhards/grievers/modders etc. who all make the gaming experience terrible for others. Games with limited character creation options, has multiple "Editions". Games that need day one patches to even be operational.

If a game is either too hard or too easy to beat.  If it's too hard to beat then I'll get frustrated and won't pick it up again (and wind up not finishing it).  If it's too easy to beat then I get mad that I beat it so easily and I'm a little mad that I paid that much money for a game that didn't last that long. 

On 6/24/2024 at 10:01 PM, JennyorAlice said:

If a game is either too hard or too easy to beat.  If it's too hard to beat then I'll get frustrated and won't pick it up again (and wind up not finishing it).  If it's too easy to beat then I get mad that I beat it so easily and I'm a little mad that I paid that much money for a game that didn't last that long. 

I understand you point. What is the essence of playing a game that one cannot even advance to the next level? On the other hand, why should it be so easy? Where is the challenge?