Register Now
Yarik

What is the biggest problem with online games?

What do you think is the biggest problem with online games?

In my opinion, it's the cheaters that ruin the fun for everyone. There's no point in playing against someone who has an unfair advantage over others. Anti-cheat doesn't always catch everyone, so it's sad to see online games get ruined by cheaters.

The biggest problems I find with online game are usually the people who play them.  Cheaters are a part of that, but these communities are often very toxic as well.

I have to agree and say that the biggest problem with online games is not only the cheaters who ruin the games for everyone but also those who are toxic and like to ruin things for others as well with the things they say with no thought. 

Online players sometimes ruin the fun of gaming. Sometimes they may resort to activities that are outside the gaming scope. A lady friend often tells me how male players hit on her when they discover she’s a lady. She rarely plays online these days. 

Based on my experience, the online games are like a double-edged sword. On one hand, they're very convenient and the also allows you to connect with people all over the world, which is good . But on the other hand, they could be a breeding grounds for cheating too.

On 6/17/2024 at 4:27 PM, Shortie said:

I have to agree and say that the biggest problem with online games is not only the cheaters who ruin the games for everyone but also those who are toxic and like to ruin things for others as well with the things they say with no thought. 

Toxic people and cheaters will always exist in the gaming world. It’s a harsh reality of it all. Cheaters ruin the gameplay for everyone though.

5 hours ago, Cpvr said:

Toxic people and cheaters will always exist in the gaming world. It’s a harsh reality of it all. Cheaters ruin the gameplay for everyone though.

This is very true. It is great that game developers are trying to do something to make it less possible but they will always find their way around it no matter what. 

Cheaters are worst. The truth be told my friend, I've seen people get death threats over a game. I was like come on, people, this is just a game!

On 7/18/2024 at 7:02 AM, Button said:

Cheaters are worst. The truth be told my friend, I've seen people get death threats over a game. I was like come on, people, this is just a game!

People are so obsessed with winning that they can do anything. It’s just a game, not even with a computer but with a fellow gamer. Why cheat your way to victory? 

On 7/18/2024 at 7:02 AM, Button said:

What's even more disturbing is when people take games too seriously and could issue death threats. I mean, games are meant to be enjoyed and it shouldn't be a source of toxic behavior.

On 7/24/2024 at 10:31 AM, Kennysplash said:

People are so obsessed with winning that they can do anything. It’s just a game, not even with a computer but with a fellow gamer. Why cheat your way to victory? 

Exactly. I’ll never understand why they feel the need to cheat.

On 7/24/2024 at 4:31 PM, Kennysplash said:

I couldn't agree more with your assertion. The obsession of most of the gamers with winning can definitely lead to toxic behavior, cheating, and it can also ruining the experience for others. 

4 hours ago, Lens said:

I couldn't agree more with your assertion. The obsession of most of the gamers with winning can definitely lead to toxic behavior, cheating, and it can also ruining the experience for others. 

Talking about the toxic behavior, it's indeed a huge problem. Cheating is definitely another issue and It's very unfair and also takes away the sense of accomplishment in the game.  

1 hour ago, Button said:

Talking about the toxic behavior, it's indeed a huge problem. Cheating is definitely another issue and It's very unfair and also takes away the sense of accomplishment in the game.  

integrity is key. I think another major issue is definitely the lack of sportsmanship. Most of the players often forget that the person behind the screen is real.