Register Now
killamch89

Is There Such a Thing as Fate?

I've always been fascinated by the idea of fate. Do you believe our lives are predetermined, or do we have complete control over our destinies? Have you ever experienced something that made you think, "This was meant to happen"? Or do you think everything is just a series of random events?

Everything is really random. But sometimes things feel like fate because things fall into place perfectly. And people become so amazed and resort to spirituality to give them a sense of understanding. The best fate I ever encountered was when I met my baby girl, my kitten 16 years ago. I was out of town in extreme heat weather. I had my foot run over by a car due to a squabble and had to get crutches later. On the way home our car broke down from over heating. But shit, my friend was a mechanic (fate?) When I made it home I found this kitten laying in front of my front door in an apartment complex. She looked dead, I didn't see her chest breathing. I nudged her with my foot to see if she was still alive. She moved and I immediately gave her water and tuna. Her eyes were sealed shut from some kind of infection. She laid down to die, in front of my door. I took her in. She was covered in fleas. I put her in the tub and the water turned red with blood and thousands of fleas drowning. I got a towel and rubbed her left eye clean. She immediately started purring. I cleaned her other eye and she purred again. Later, 3 years later, she's calico BTW, 3 years later her left eye turned amber color. She had two different color eyes at 3 years old!!! That to me is something special. But I think about her every day. It seemed like fate to me. Everything. What are the chance at that moment to arrive home and find her in front of my door like a gift from the heavens. Was it all just random? That is the only thing that questions my reality. 

Me personally, yes I do believe a lot of things that happen are fated to happen. In Chinese culture, they had a saying that everything happens for a reason and everything is here for a reason. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Me personally, yes I do believe a lot of things that happen are fated to happen. In Chinese culture, they had a saying that everything happens for a reason and everything is here for a reason. 

But what reason would a cat give a human? To teach how to love again? To keep me from going awol? To ground me? To keep me sane? I think I answered my own questions because my baby did all those things. Without her, I would have had no attachments from doing stupid things. She was there in my heavy drinking days. And she must have saved me from worse scenarios because I had an attachment called love that prevented me from being careless. I’m scared of attachments now. I want to be free to fight a war against republican traitors. 

On 6/18/2024 at 9:02 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

But what reason would a cat give a human? To teach how to love again? To keep me from going awol? To ground me? To keep me sane? I think I answered my own questions because my baby did all those things. Without her, I would have had no attachments from doing stupid things. She was there in my heavy drinking days. And she must have saved me from worse scenarios because I had an attachment called love that prevented me from being careless. I’m scared of attachments now. I want to be free to fight a war against republican traitors. 

Animals are mortal like us. The universe has a reason why everyone and everything exist to serve a purpose.