Register Now
killamch89

Would You Rather Meet Your Ancestors or Your Future Descendants?

If given the chance, would you prefer to travel back in time to meet your ancestors or jump forward to meet your great-great-grandchildren? What would you hope to learn or experience from such a meeting?

20 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I'd love to meet my ancestors. Probably a bit of Sicilian mafia in there. Probably Spanish conquistadors. Probably British tyrants. I'll smack all of em. 

Same. It'd be hilarious because I heard that great grandfather who was a Scot, used to drink lots of rum but couldn't get drunk. I don't know much about my Syrian roots either from my Grandmother's side. The funniest family tree DNA situation I heard of was a black guy who regularly spoke out against racist white people and the KKK. Turns out his great great grandfather was a white man that owned plenty of slaves. He was in utter disbelief. Also, I heard that a good portion of the world's population are descendants of Genghis Khan. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Same. It'd be hilarious because I heard that great grandfather who was a Scot, used to drink lots of rum but couldn't get drunk. I don't know much about my Syrian roots either from my Grandmother's side. The funniest family tree DNA situation I heard of was a black guy who regularly spoke out against racist white people and the KKK. Turns out his great great grandfather was a white man that owned plenty of slaves. He was in utter disbelief. Also, I heard that a good portion of the world's population are descendants of Genghis Khan. 

Love your post. Turns out in my DNA report I’m almost 1% Mongolian. Lol. I’m also less than 1% Congolese. 1% Jew. My ancestors swung their dick around big time. But that’s nothing to laugh about. How many of us are born of rape and imperialism? I’m faced with a political party that wants to bring back imperialism. 

On 6/18/2024 at 9:23 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Love your post. Turns out in my DNA report I’m almost 1% Mongolian. Lol. I’m also less than 1% Congolese. 1% Jew. My ancestors swung their dick around big time. But that’s nothing to laugh about. How many of us are born of rape and imperialism? I’m faced with a political party that wants to bring back imperialism. 

So you could be 1% Genghis Khan because of your Mongolian heritage.