Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel watching other gamers rage?

If you are seated next to someone who flies into a rage while gaming, what is that experience like for you emotionally? Do you feel mostly sympathetic? Mostly overwhelmed? An equal mix? Do you just sit there quietly, or do you try to validate them or help them fix the problem?

Often times, I can understand why they'd possibly be raging but at the same time, it's not that serious. As a general rule of mine, if I ever get that heated over a game, I should take a break from it. Usually I try to tell them that it's just a game and these thing can happen.

I hate to be sat next to someone who rages at video games, especially if they are playing a multiplayer game that I am also involved in. 

I always find the raging from someone distracts me and then gets me frustrated. 

We all experience it once in a while. When we are so immersed in a game we would not really know when we display such reaction to what we are playing. As long as no extreme action takes place, it’s all part of gaming. 

4 hours ago, JennyorAlice said:

I'll get mad once in while when I'm playing a game but I don't go into a rage when playing. 

I know some people who have gotten so mad that they have broken controllers before.  If you're that mad, you need to take a break to calm down. 

That's what I'm saying. Yes, you can get annoyed at what's happening in-game but if you're mad enough to start breaking stuff, you should go do something else until you've regained your composure. I've seen people break their consoles before because they were losing at a game.

45 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's what I'm saying. Yes, you can get annoyed at what's happening in-game but if you're mad enough to start breaking stuff, you should go do something else until you've regained your composure. I've seen people break their consoles before because they were losing at a game.

I don't understand that.  The controllers are expensive enough.....but breaking a console?  That's too much rage for me.

When someone rage while gaming, I don't want to look, but I can't just help it. Games can be so frustrating, but come on! It's just a game.

To be honest, I've had those moments where I just want to throw my controller out the window. But on the other hand, there are times I'll be enjoying my own game. And If someone's raging next to me, It's more like, dude, just chill, ok?

On 7/18/2024 at 7:00 AM, Button said:

To be honest, I've had those moments where I just want to throw my controller out the window. But on the other hand, there are times I'll be enjoying my own game. And If someone's raging next to me, It's more like, dude, just chill, ok?

Exactly, like it’s just a game not a do or die affair. Seriously though you need to see what people do when they are angry, I’ve witnessed someone smash his console completely. 

19 hours ago, Kennysplash said:

Exactly, like it’s just a game not a do or die affair. Seriously though you need to see what people do when they are angry, I’ve witnessed someone smash his console completely. 

Wow, that's so intense. Smashing or destroying the console is a pretty a very extreme reaction to games. It's happens more often to people who are invested to much in games.  

My best friend growing up would rage at video games. I do too unfortunately, and I feel like I learned it from him. Anyways back then I would just look at him in disbelief, I even witnessed him breaking a game in front of me because he got mad at it. His mom came in and told me to go home because he got in trouble for breaking his copy of Street Fighter Championship Edition on the Genesis. I never broke a game nor console before, I almost did break a controller when I was a kid. These days I don't throw things or try to break things when I lose at a game, I will vocally express how I feel and maybe rage quit but that's it.

Anyway, It's so interesting how our gaming experiences and friendships can shape our behaviors and habits as well. @Ravenfreak Have you ever talked to your friend about his gaming rage? 

Edited by Lens

On 6/27/2024 at 1:32 PM, JennyorAlice said:

I don't understand that.  The controllers are expensive enough.....but breaking a console?  That's too much rage for me.

I've seen people do that before in real life and then they're like, "Why the hell did I just do that?". I'm like, "Why are you asking me? I told you to calm down. It's just a game."

On 7/8/2024 at 6:23 PM, Lens said:

When someone rage while gaming, I don't want to look, but I can't just help it. Games can be so frustrating, but come on! It's just a game.

It is not just a game for someone like me. I play games with big emotions and once it is not going the way that I expected,  I tend to let out my emotions.