Register Now
Kane99

The Sims competitor Life by You has been cancelled after recently being delayed.

Life By You was a new game from Paradox interactive that was heavily inspired by The Sims. It's been in the works for a while, and has gone through a couple delays already. The game was revealed in 2023 and I believe they wanted to release it in early access at first, but that never seemed to happen as the release kept getting delayed. The most resent delay was it's last as the team decided to go back on it and instead cancel the project outright. 

It was the first I heard about this game. But I am always open to having others making Sims like games. 

More on this news can be found below. 

https://www.theverge.com/2024/6/17/24180574/life-by-you-canceled-sims

Never heard about this game til now. Kinda sucks when a project falls apart though. I wonder what could've been different compared to the sims? I would've liked to see what another studio could've cooked up.

This is the first time I heard about this game. That sucks that it got cancelled before release. I always find any games that are created that try to go up against The Sims tend to either never come to fruition or they flop. 

I love The Sims and wouldn't mind seeing another game like The Sims that does well. 

I'm pretty disappointed and It's a shame that it never got to see the light of day. Being a huge fan of The Sims, I still think that there's definitely room for another game like it in the market. I think it's possible 😁