Register Now
Cpvr

Honor of Kings

In the world of Honor of Kings, there are many legendary heroes, each with countless stories. But we truly believe the most exciting story will be yours! 

Honor of Kings is available on the Google play store and Apple store. 

For more game info, you can check their website: Honor of kings

what are your thoughts on the trailer?

That was one of the worst trailers I've ever seen for a game.  That was so bad I'm not even sure whare to start.

I suppose I'll start with a question.  When you've made a trailer that you plan to use internationally, what do you do about lip-syncing a character's voice over in those multiple languages?  Well, these half wits decided the answer was "let's not" and not have the characters move thier lips at all.  Then, there is the obvious problem of the trailer not having one mere second of actual gameplay in it.  That's not a good sign for any game when the game is already out, but for a mobile game that should send everyone running to the hills.

But I think my biggest issue is that was clearly this is clearly the work of a committee that know nothing about gamers, they just read about them in a copy of National Geographic or something, and thus look at us like wild animals to be exploited.  They studied these creators and found dozens of things that they like, such fantasy, cyberpunk, mechs, pirates, dancing animals, magic, swords, guns, big armour on big dudes, small armour on little babes and so on.  But remember, gamers aren't people, they're stupid animals who's attention won't be held by a single, cohesive theme, so let's have all of them!  Just cliché on top of cliché with no cohesive theme at all. Same story with music, it's all over the place with folk, industrial, R&B, pop, what is the tone and ambiance they are going for?  Even the name of the game is just two random buzzwords with an "of" in between.  The funny thing is that the one cliché they omitted from that ridiculous trailer was a King, so why is it even called "Hero's of Kings"?  It's insulting, clichéd and utterly uninspired.  The most woefully, yet clearly deliberately, unoriginal crap I've ever seen.

This is just another mobile trash game that does what every other mobile trash game does.  It's not worth the time.  I'm actually embarrassed that I've taken the time I have to tear it a new one.  I think the reason why I did is to build up to asking @Cpvr why you're wasting our time with this?  Not only is this obviously garbage, it's garbage that doesn't even stand out amongst the ocean of garbage that is the Apple/Play stores.  It's the same crap as hundreds, if not thousands, of other mobile games, so why post about it? Why this one?  I've seen the gameplay footage, this just a rip off Mobile Legends that was a just a crappy, mobile rip off League of Legends, what was it that drew your attention to this?

Edited by Shagger

Posted (edited)

@Shagger There wasn’t anything that drew me into this game. I was simply sharing the game trailer as it was just recently released. I watched the trailer as well and decided to share it with other gamers. It was first released in Japan and it was just rolled out into other countries. I haven’t had the chance to personally play it.

Edited by Cpvr

6 minutes ago, Cpvr said:

@Shagger There wasn’t anything that drew me into this game. I was simply sharing the game trailer as it was just recently released. I watched the trailer as well and decided to share it with other gamers. It was first released in Japan and it was just rolled out into other countries. I haven’t had the chance to personally play it.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh, I just trying to understand what was so compelling about this.  And I must admit how uninteresting it is does kind of make it interesting.  Not that this is worth playing.

18 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be harsh, I just trying to understand what was so compelling about this.  And I must admit how uninteresting it is does kind of make it interesting.  Not that this is worth playing.

No worries! I understand where you’re coming from exactly and it seems like its designed for younger crowd. Especially with the character voices and storylines, it doesn’t seem like it’s made for adults. The theme doesn’t seem very attractive now that I think about it and dig deeper.

I saw this trailer a few days ago and will admit, I was not overly thrilled with the trailer. It didn't give me that "Oh wow! I need to download and play this game!" reaction. 

I am always up for trying new mobile games but this one will be a miss for me.