Register Now
JennyorAlice

Expensive games.....?

Honestly, they’re a tad bit more expensive than they were before. Games used to cost $50 and now they cost $60-70. You can also blame the cost of inflation on this as well.

Edited by Cpvr

Well if the games are unreasonably expensive the producers will shoot themselves in the leg. But at the same time they would not want to run at a loss. So if the games are in the market and they are being purchased, they are doing fine. 

I understand that things are going to be more expensive these days compared to when I was a kid. 

When I was a kid, one parent could work while the other parent could stay at home.  These days I don't think it's possible.  Both parents have to go outside the home and work, and sometimes they have to more more than one job. 

On 6/25/2024 at 3:27 PM, JennyorAlice said:

I remember when games use to cost around $25 to $30 when I was a kid. 

So paying $50 and higher for a video game now seems really expensive......or at least, it does to me. 

I totally agree. I used to be able to get two games for $50 10-15 years ago, so yes, games are more expensive than they were before. However, the costs of developing games are also higher.