Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is there a game you still aren’t progressing toward finishing many years after starting?

My brother has a habit of starting games, and then not keeping up with them. Years later, they’ll have been on pause for years, not progressing toward completion. Yet he still wants to play and finish them, he just never does. Does anyone else have this habit? If so, what causes it?

For some reason, I've started Luigi's Mansion 3 a couple of times but I've not progressed passed a certain point.  Every time I've started it, something else has come up.  This last year, I've been focused on Hogwarts Legacy and nothing else when it comes to playing video games.  Since I've gotten that out of my system, I've thought about maybe giving it another go....

Having a big collection causes it. Sometimes I look at my game library and spend 10 minutes trying to decide what to play.

A big one for me is Persona 5. I just don't have the time or patience for 150+ hour RPGs anymore.

Sounds like some of the games in my Steam Library. I've reached a certain point in games and just can't be bothered anymore and every time I think about playing that game again, it feels like a burden to start replaying it again.

On 7/12/2024 at 3:26 AM, killamch89 said:

Sounds like some of the games in my Steam Library. I've reached a certain point in games and just can't be bothered anymore and every time I think about playing that game again, it feels like a burden to start replaying it again.

Haha, yeah, I understand what you mean so well. It's like, you're excited to play it at first, but then later,  it just becomes a chore. I've got a few games like that in my library too.