Register Now
Kennysplash

Have you ever made a decision based on Trailer?

In entertainment generally, trailers are made to pique your interest. There sole aim is to get you to purchase what is being displayed. As such, that trailer is enough to help us make decision: whether we will go for what is being advertised or not.

Have you ever made a conclusion to play or not play a game based on the trailer you watched? 

I normally only play Mario games and Harry Potter games.  The trailers for them don't have to really do anything to sell me on the game because I already plan on buying the game in the first place. 

Now, there was one game that I wanted to get a few years ago because the trailer made the game look really good.  I didn't end up getting the game because the game is only available digitally.  But, now that I've been reminded of the game, I'm thinking of changing my mind and getting the game.  Especially now that I've played Hogwarts Legacy enough to get that game out of my system enough that I can play some other games. 

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Nope - I normally wait until the game comes out and I see some reviews before deciding on a game. I've been burnt in the past so I'm far more careful now.

I can see myself doing this if I'm on the fence about a particular game. 

If I know I'm going to get the game (like Hogwarts Legacy for example) then I don't have to worry about it. 

One thing we need to know is that the trailers can be super convincing. Personally, I've made a lot of decisions based on the trailer.

The game's trailer is what attract me at first and it can make me feel all the feels. I don't even have to know much about the gameplay or story before I jump on it.