Register Now
Kennysplash

Have you ever taken time off work to play a new game?

Perhaps there is a game that you have been looking forward to it’s release for quite some time. You really want to explore the game in it’s entirety, so you take a day off work or your business so that you can play it to your satisfaction. 
Have you done this before? 

I was really looking forward to Hogwarts Legacy when it finally came out last year.  I didn't take any time off from work to play it although I had thought about it.  See, I had been limiting myself to only playing it on my days off because I was really bad at watching the time when I was playing that game.  I got so lost in that game that it was easy to loose track of time so I only played it on my days off from work.  I was afraid to start playing that game and would be really late for work.......so I made sure to limit myself.  If I was unable to do that, then I would have handed the game off to my spouse and would have asked them to not let me have it unless it was my day off. 

But back to the topic at hand, I had 3 weeks of vacation time at my previous job and I had thought about just taking some time to just play the game but I didn't want to burn up all of my vacation time on a single video game so I didn't do it.  I did end up taking my vacation time before I started my current job so I did get spend some of my vacation time playing that game and getting it out of my system before I started my current job. 

There are some games that are just so hyped up and you can't just help it and you would want to dive in and play them nonstop. I experienced this with The Last of Us Part II.

On 7/9/2024 at 2:00 PM, killamch89 said:

Not that I can remember. I usually take time off from work for other things such as rest, health or business issues.

I'm kind of similar. 

If my husband and I aren't going on a trip somewhere, then usually I'll have a stay-cation where I stay home and just rest.  I have to give myself a rest mentally and physically speaking. 

On 7/9/2024 at 8:00 PM, killamch89 said:

Not that I can remember. I usually take time off from work for other things such as rest, health or business issues.

That's completely understandable because It's so important to make sure that you prioritize rest and health. I've actually taken time off from work for gaming-related events once.

I can't recall taking time off work to play a new game but I have in the past when I was younger taken time off school to play a new game. My mum always knew that I had taken the day off due to a new game but being I didn't have too much time off, she would let me off on these occasions. 

I did this and it's really crazy 🤣. I took a time off work to play Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out. I played the game nonstop and it’s a good game to escape into for relaxation..

On 6/27/2024 at 1:16 PM, JennyorAlice said:

I was really looking forward to Hogwarts Legacy when it finally came out last year.  I didn't take any time off from work to play it although I had thought about it.  See, I had been limiting myself to only playing it on my days off because I was really bad at watching the time when I was playing that game.  I got so lost in that game that it was easy to loose track of time so I only played it on my days off from work.  I was afraid to start playing that game and would be really late for work.......so I made sure to limit myself.  If I was unable to do that, then I would have handed the game off to my spouse and would have asked them to not let me have it unless it was my day off. 

But back to the topic at hand, I had 3 weeks of vacation time at my previous job and I had thought about just taking some time to just play the game but I didn't want to burn up all of my vacation time on a single video game so I didn't do it.  I did end up taking my vacation time before I started my current job so I did get spend some of my vacation time playing that game and getting it out of my system before I started my current job. 

Well would you say it was worth it? Is it something you can do again and not have regrets?

On 7/18/2024 at 7:11 AM, Button said:

I did this and it's really crazy 🤣. I took a time off work to play Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out. I played the game nonstop and it’s a good game to escape into for relaxation..

Taking time off work to play Cyberpunk 2077 sounds so crazy 🤣 but it's definitely a great way to unwind.