Register Now
StaceyPowers

Would you survive working crunch time?

I've done intense overtime before on more physically demanding and hazardous roles than working in from t of a computer.  So yeah, I could handle it, but that doesn't mean people being effectively forced to do so is any way right.

18 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I've done intense overtime before on more physically demanding and hazardous roles than working in from t of a computer.  So yeah, I could handle it, but that doesn't mean people being effectively forced to do so is any way right.

Just because they can do it doesn't mean they should. 

It's one thing to be doing your job but it's another thing to have to take up a bunch of that person's time to the point they don't get to see their family or don't get any down time. 

1 minute ago, Lens said:

I have no problem with this because I'm a gamer. I'm very used to marathon gaming sessions.

Yeah, because having a long gaming session is the same thing as being forced to work long hours to the point of being physically and mentally damaging because a game publisher failed to schedule and estimate development time correctly.  Seriously, do you even know what it is you're saying?

17 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Yeah, because having a long gaming session is the same thing as being forced to work long hours to the point of being physically and mentally damaging because a game publisher failed to schedule and estimate development time correctly.  Seriously, do you even know what it is you're saying?

I know that It's unacceptable for developers to be overworked and neglected by their employers, but I can work for longer sessions.