Register Now
Heatman

What's the longest raining duration you've witnessed?

Currently, we are in rainy season in my country right now and the kind of rain we have been experiencing this season have been totally crazy. It's just like today that it started running since 3:00 a.m. in the morning and it is 8:15 p.m. in the night right now but it's still raining with almost everywhere is flooded. This is the longest raining session I've witnessed in years. 

How about you? What's the longest raining duration you've witnessed? 

I've witnessed a raining period of more than 8 hours in my location. It was not a good experience for me at all as I couldn't achieve the things which I wanted to achieve that period since I was indoors all through the period.

That's quite tame if I'm being honest. I literally experienced my second hurricane the other day and it was raining for a whole day more or less with LOTS of strong winds. My yard was flooded but luckily, I had some sand bags at bother entrances so no water got in.

I would say at least two days is the longest rainy day I have witnessed. In England, UK, we are well known for our rainy weather but sometimes we get some rain that can last a while and cause bad floods. 

Luckily we don't experience them all the time. 

On 7/7/2024 at 2:07 PM, Knight Barida said:

I've witnessed a raining period of more than 8 hours in my location. It was not a good experience for me at all as I couldn't achieve the things which I wanted to achieve that period since I was indoors all through the period.

It is actually a very good time for those who enjoys sleeping during the time it is raining as long the rain doesn't come with thunderstorms because that makes it very uncomfortable for most people. 

On 7/7/2024 at 8:07 AM, Knight Barida said:

It rained for three days straight here once, but that was probably the longest rainy period.