Register Now
Kane99

Canceled Iron Man Game From 2003 Revealed By Dev

This is pretty cool. I guess there was an Iron Man game in the works from the team at Genepool Software, which was later closed by Activision, in turn scrapping said Iron Man game in the process. One of the devs who was working on the game, decided to share some screenshots and info on the game. It would have released sometime in 2003, or was worked on in 2003. It had a working title of The Invincible Ironman. But it was scrapped by Activision and then the studio was shut down. 

Check it out below:

And more on the story here: 

https://gamerant.com/iron-man-canceled-game-2003-genepool-software-images-video/

Wow, this is really a blast from the past. For me, it's more like finding a rare gem in a treasure chest. The screenshots look so amazing, and I keep imagining how cool it would be playing .

Let me just remind everyone else that Superhero games back then were absolutely tragic and this likely would've suffered a similar fate so maybe some things are better left alone.

The Invincible Iron Man game sounds like it had a very good potential and it's a shame that it was scrapped. But the developer was able to give us a glimpse into this lost game. 

The Invincible Iron man was an interesting title and it's indeed a shame that it never saw the light of day. Who knows how it would have turned out? 

On 7/27/2024 at 4:28 PM, Button said:

The Invincible Iron man was an interesting title and it's indeed a shame that it never saw the light of day. Who knows how it would have turned out? 

My guess is it'd be at best a mediocre game. Please bear in mind that most superhero games pre-Arkham flopped pretty hard and even now, most modern releases were pretty terrible.

14 hours ago, Button said:

The canceled Iron Man game,  The Invincible Ironman could have been a very amazing experience. But it's a pity how things later turned out. 

I still love to explore abandoned projects and imagine how they might have turned out to be in the gaming industry. There are are still many hidden gems are out there and waiting to be uncovered

On 8/3/2024 at 8:30 PM, Lens said:

I still love to explore abandoned projects and imagine how they might have turned out to be in the gaming industry. There are are still many hidden gems are out there and waiting to be uncovered

I agree that there are gems out there but most superhero games of that era were pretty poor so I wouldn't hold my breath. Granted, The Punisher game and Hulk game for the PS2 that came out in the 2000s were both pretty good.

On 8/5/2024 at 9:53 PM, killamch89 said:

I agree that there are gems out there but most superhero games of that era were pretty poor so I wouldn't hold my breath. Granted, The Punisher game and Hulk game for the PS2 that came out in the 2000s were both pretty good.

It's very interesting to think about how this Iron Man game could have stood out. Maybe, maybe it would have been another forgettable title or a hidden gem.

8 hours ago, Lens said:

It's very interesting to think about how this Iron Man game could have stood out. Maybe, maybe it would have been another forgettable title or a hidden gem.

I’m so impressed to see how this abandoned game projects resurface. There are lots of them out there, waiting to be uncovered.

On 8/14/2024 at 12:20 PM, Button said:

I’m so impressed to see how this abandoned game projects resurface. There are lots of them out there, waiting to be uncovered.

There are so many abandoned projects and they remain hidden, waiting to be rediscovered. I’m very sure that there is a motive behind the developers talking about them again.