Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do tips screens make anyone else feel like they’re being mocked sometimes?

😅 My reply to that is usually sarcastic: “oh my, I had no idea such a life saving tip!” When I play a game for the first few times I surely won’t get a hang of it yet. A computer won’t get the satisfaction of mockery. 

Haha, I really understand that the Tips screens can be so condescending sometimes. It's possible the game rub it on your face. I would just imagine that I figure it out myself, or at least get a useful tip for once.

Not really what the thread is about, but Spec Ops: The Line has some really interesting loading screen tips. If you haven't play Spec Ops: The Line, it's basically a game about American soldiers comitting war crimes in the middle east. It starts off like any other military shooter, and the loading screen tips are normal things like "Press X to reload" and stuff like that, but as the game progresses it starts making you feel bad about the things you are doing, saying things like "Do you feel like a hero yet?" and "The US military does not condone the killing of unarmed combatants. But this isn't real, so why should you care?" 

It's a really great game that I recommend playing, even though it makes you feel sad and guilty. 

On 7/23/2024 at 12:47 PM, Button said:

However, it's worth noting that tips screens are usually intended to be very helpful for the gamers by providing the useful information. 

Yep. There are times where I've forgotten basic things in a game and it's the tip screen that usually reminds me. Plus, it's very helpful to beginners.

On 7/26/2024 at 7:12 PM, killamch89 said:

Yep. There are times where I've forgotten basic things in a game and it's the tip screen that usually reminds me. Plus, it's very helpful to beginners.

You're so right because even the  experienced gamers can forget some basic things sometimes.So, the tip screens are just like a gentle nudge, telling you to try this or not. 

3 hours ago, Button said:

You're so right because even the  experienced gamers can forget some basic things sometimes.So, the tip screens are just like a gentle nudge, telling you to try this or not. 

The only part I might not like about it is if there isn't an option to turn it off or the tips keep popping up every second. Now that's annoying.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The only part I might not like about it is if there isn't an option to turn it off or the tips keep popping up every second. Now that's annoying.

The tip screens can be a great way to remind players of all the important mechanics or strategies to use in the games especially when there is a complex situation. 

On 7/28/2024 at 5:25 AM, Lens said:

The tip screens can be a great way to remind players of all the important mechanics or strategies to use in the games especially when there is a complex situation. 

Tip screens can be very helpful because it reminds the players of all the key mechanics or strategies to employ especially in complex games. 

On 7/31/2024 at 7:19 AM, Button said:

Tip screens can be very helpful because it reminds the players of all the key mechanics or strategies to employ especially in complex games. 

The Tip screens are especially very useful in most of the games with a very deep mechanics. It's very useful in games like Dark Souls or Sekiro.