Register Now
Kane99

2K Working on Unannounced Remake? What do you think it could be?

Source - https://mp1st.com/news/report-2k-working-on-unannounced-remake

There is news that 2K may be working on a currently unannounced remake of one of their popular games. Their last remake was the Mafia Trilogy series, which was hit and miss for some fans. I liked what they did with the first game, but not much was done with 2 and 3 from what I recall. 

This news all comes from a 3D/Motion Capture artist/animator's LinkedIn page. That employee is Brett Shupe, who is working on multiple titles with 2K, including an unannounced remake. That's really it. No mention of what game it could be. The article discusses maybe seeing games like Spec Ops The Line getting a remake. Or even a Bioshock remake. That would be a big one. But it could be just about anything from 2K's catalog of games. What game could this be for? I know it's not much to go off of, but we could discuss what 2K games you'd like to see get the remake treatment. 

Posted (edited)

Knowing 2k, they wouldn't do this for any game unless it's a safe bet, in other words something that's already made some money.  The sports games don't really make sense as they're a yearly thing anyway, so it doesn't leave much on the table.

Bioshock and Mafia for me are out because, according to the article, they're already working on new Bioshock and Mafia games.  Civilisation seems unlikely as well as those types of games just don't need remakes.

The Borderlands Series sounds like a likely suspect for me and that would be nice.  A remake of Spec Ops: The Line would be fantastic, especially since the game has been pulled from sale, but the idea of 2K actually listening to people when they say they want that game back is too strange.

Edited by Shagger