Register Now
Kennysplash

Steam users have spent $19 billion on games they’ve never played.

A staggering statistic has surfaced, revealing that Steam users have collectively spent a whopping $19 billion on games they've never played! This mind-boggling figure highlights the sheer scale of the Steam library and the temptation to buy games during sales or on impulse.

Some say that they bought the games in bundles, along with the ones they actually wanted  

Some say, hilariously that they are keeping the games for retirement. 

Let's be honest, who hasn't bought on impulse a game or two? 

This has totally happened to me!  I've bought over a dozen games on impulse because they were at an amazing discounted price, so I figured I would go ahead and buy it for my Steam Library in case I ever wanted to play it in the future but still haven't.  

LOL! Well, I'm guilty as charged. I have at least 200+ games on my Steam account that I've bought over the years and still not played. That money probably could've gone into something more productive in hindsight. Who am I kidding? I'll probably do that again sometime in the near future.

2 hours ago, Ravenfreak said:

Not going to lie, I'm one of those people. I have a huge backlog of not only games on Steam, but on other platforms and physical games too. They have sales all the time, and people like to take advantage of them.

Same here, brother. In the past couple of months, I've honestly tried to play some of the games but I've quickly grown bored of most of them. It really made me start thinking about my spending habits when it comes to gaming. Yeah, a good portion of the games I get outside of the free keys are usually under $30 but it quickly adds up.

7 hours ago, Button said:

Wow! It's indeed a staggering figure and it's typically because the bundle deals, where games are bought in bundles, and hoping to play the ones you want, but might not end up playing them.

I have 100s of games I've yet to play on my Steam and it's true. There's usually deals on Steam at every part of the year.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I have 100s of games I've yet to play on my Steam and it's true. There's usually deals on Steam at every part of the year.

It's so true that we might end up with hundreds of games that we haven't even played yet as we always want to take opportunities of the deals.