Register Now
StaceyPowers

Character creation in games where you never see your character

What are some games you have played that offer a ton of customization options for your character, yet you rarely or never seen your character in the game? Does anyone else find this frustrating?

Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls Online are two games I can think of that you have a character creation but you never see your character, it almost feels pointless having the character creation if you are not going to see your character in game. 

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls Online are two games I can think of that you have a character creation but you never see your character, it almost feels pointless having the character creation if you are not going to see your character in game. 

You can see your characters in-game. They're literally always in third-person unless you choose to change the camera view. I should know because I had been playing Fallout 4 since release up until Bethesda updated the game more recently and broke almost every mod in my load order. I can't be bothered to start over so I'm on hiatus until Bethesda sorts out their game.

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You can see your characters in-game. They're literally always in third-person unless you choose to change the camera view. I should know because I had been playing Fallout 4 since release up until Bethesda updated the game more recently and broke almost every mod in my load order. I can't be bothered to start over so I'm on hiatus until Bethesda sorts out their game.

That's nice! you can see your character in both Fallout 4 and Elder Scrolls Online, especially in third-person view. I think she might have been thinking of games like Diablo or Torchlight.