Register Now
JennyorAlice

Drink/snack when gaming?

What is your drink/snack of choice when playing a video game? 

I'm a big fan of Baja Blast Mountain Dew.  However, I try not to drink too much soda so I'll alternate some water and/or gatorade in there as well. 

As far as snacks go, I don't usually eat a lot of stuff while I'm gaming because I don't want to get a lot of gunk on the controller. 

On 7/11/2024 at 3:13 PM, JennyorAlice said:

What is your drink/snack of choice when playing a video game? 

I'm a big fan of Baja Blast Mountain Dew.  However, I try not to drink too much soda so I'll alternate some water and/or gatorade in there as well. 

As far as snacks go, I don't usually eat a lot of stuff while I'm gaming because I don't want to get a lot of gunk on the controller. 

The same reason I stop playing games to eat, your just begging for a mess. Sandwiches are OK, though.  Easy to swap with a controller or mouse-keyboard with being messy.  I actually think energy juice and caffeinated soft drinks aren't actually the ideal.  Regular juice and the occasional soothing hot drink is actually my preferred go to's.  I don't want to be tense and jittery while I play.

Edited by Shagger

That's an Interesting preferences. I'm a tea person and I just find out that taking hot cup of tea helps me focus and relax while gaming. Butz I prefer it to be herbal or green tea..

Depending on my mood at the time when I am gaming will depend on what snack and drink I prefer. Most of the time it is something such as Doritos or some other crisps as a snack and even sometimes peanuts as well. 

As for drink, it is either Pepsi Max, Pepsi Max Cherry, cup of tea or sometimes water. 

Nowadays, I don't really snack all that much around my gaming setup. Up to a couple of years ago, I'd have a tray filled with snacks to one side and a few drinks in another tray. However, I've kind of started to cut back on the amount of snacks and drinks that I consume. In addition to that, when it comes time to clean the area, it does take a bit of work.

On 7/11/2024 at 10:23 AM, Shagger said:

The same reason I stop playing games to eat, your just begging for a mess. Sandwiches are OK, though.  Easy to swap with a controller or mouse-keyboard with being messy.  I actually think energy juice and caffeinated soft drinks aren't actually the ideal.  Regular juice and the occasional soothing hot drink is actually my preferred go to's.  I don't want to be tense and jittery while I play.

I think I am careful about what I eat, if I'm eating anything at all.  There are too many things that are just messy and I don't want that all over my controller. 

If I'm going to drink juice, I'm going to go with white grape peach.  It's really good.  You should try it if you are a juice person. 

If I'm going to drink a hot beverage then I'm going a hot chocolate.  However, I don't drink this all the time.  I normally only do this when it's cold out. 

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nowadays, I don't really snack all that much around my gaming setup. Up to a couple of years ago, I'd have a tray filled with snacks to one side and a few drinks in another tray. However, I've kind of started to cut back on the amount of snacks and drinks that I consume. In addition to that, when it comes time to clean the area, it does take a bit of work.

That's so great to hear that you've been cutting back on snacks and drinks. It's equally very important to make sure that you take care of your health, especially when you're sitting for long periods of time gaming. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Lens said:

That's so great to hear that you've been cutting back on snacks and drinks. It's equally very important to make sure that you take care of your health, especially when you're sitting for long periods of time gaming. 

I agree.  Having your health is very important.  Money can buy a lot of things but if you don't have your health.....then that can make things worse.

Edited by JennyorAlice

On 7/13/2024 at 6:05 AM, Lens said:

That's an Interesting preferences. I'm a tea person and I just find out that taking hot cup of tea helps me focus and relax while gaming. Butz I prefer it to be herbal or green tea..

Green tea also helps me relax while I’m gaming. I don’t snack when I’m playing games anymore though.

On 7/20/2024 at 4:11 AM, Cpvr said:

Green tea also helps me relax while I’m gaming. I don’t snack when I’m playing games anymore though.

Green tea is definitely an excellent beverage and it's good for a calming and focussing while gaming. 

I only have drinks, with straws so it’s easy for me to have a sip and continue. If I want to snack I put off the game completely and get back to it when I’m done. I don’t like being absent minded when I eat. 

I can tell you that many gamers enjoy a variety of drinks and snacks while gaming because I've seen it as a gamer. I know very well that some popular choices include energy drinks like Red Bull or Monster, coffee, and tea.