Register Now
JennyorAlice

Gaming affecting your life?

Gaming has had a significant impact on my life and it's both positive and negative. On the postive side, I've actually played some games that really helped me develop good problem-solving skills. But excessive gaming has negatively impacted my life too because i deprive myself some wonderful sleep. 

I don't think gaming has had an impact on my life one way or the other.  It's not affected my life in a negative way, that's for sure.  I don't let it keep me from going to work and doing the things that I'm suppose to do. 

I don't know......it's just something that I do to entertain myself with during my time off from work. 

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't think it's really impacted my life that much outside of maybe occupying my time and giving me something fun to do.

That's a great perspective. Gaming has actually provided me countless hours of entertainment. On the other hand, it's affected my relationships and productivity too. 

Years ago when I was in a mentally abusive relationship I used to use gaming as a way to shut off and get away from everything, this turned into me staying up all night and sleeping all day just to be away from my other half at the time which did not do me any favours at all. 

Nowadays, gaming gives me an out from stress and life but I wouldn't say it takes over my life anymore. 

7 hours ago, Shortie said:

Years ago when I was in a mentally abusive relationship I used to use gaming as a way to shut off and get away from everything, this turned into me staying up all night and sleeping all day just to be away from my other half at the time which did not do me any favours at all. 

Nowadays, gaming gives me an out from stress and life but I wouldn't say it takes over my life anymore. 

I'm glad you're not in that abusive relationship anymore.  Life is hard enough without someone making it harder than it needs to be. 

I just play video games in my off time.  It's a form of entertainment for me.  If it didn't entertain me any longer, then I probably wouldn't do it anymore.  But I don't see that happening though. 

20 hours ago, Shortie said:

I'm so sorry to hear that you went through that. On the other hand, it's so amazing how gaming has helped you to escape from that horrible situation. You just nee to keep taking care of yourself.

10 hours ago, Lens said:

I'm so sorry to hear that you went through that. On the other hand, it's so amazing how gaming has helped you to escape from that horrible situation. You just nee to keep taking care of yourself.

There is need for everyone to find a balance though when it comes to playing games. Understand that there should be the need to handle other activities. 

On 7/18/2024 at 2:25 PM, Lens said:

This is very true and something I have to keep telling myself. Your health is important and without being healthy mentally and physically, you will find that it does start to affect your life more than you even realize sometimes. 

Gaming helps me shut off which also helps my mental health and I feel that is very important. I used to feel guilty playing video games but now, I don't seeing the positive impact it has on my health. 

2 hours ago, Shortie said:

This is very true and something I have to keep telling myself. Your health is important and without being healthy mentally and physically, you will find that it does start to affect your life more than you even realize sometimes. 

Gaming helps me shut off which also helps my mental health and I feel that is very important. I used to feel guilty playing video games but now, I don't seeing the positive impact it has on my health. 

It's very important to know the our mental health is just as important as our physical health. It's really amazing how gaming has provided a healthy escape for you. I do love how you maintain a healthy mindset.

21 hours ago, Kennysplash said:

It has added more fun to my life, so I will say it has affected it positively. It’s kind of hard to picture something else to do that can help me release stress and tiredness. 

That so wonderful to hear. The world of gaming has indeed become a way out for stress relief and relaxation for gamers like me. It's so amazing how games can help calm the mind and recharge ones energy levels.

7 hours ago, Lens said:

That so wonderful to hear. The world of gaming has indeed become a way out for stress relief and relaxation for gamers like me. It's so amazing how games can help calm the mind and recharge ones energy levels.

I would say that the therapeutic benefits of gaming are truly very remarkable. It's become more interesting how some games have a way of transport us to new worlds.

On 7/17/2024 at 10:13 AM, Lens said:

That's a great perspective. Gaming has actually provided me countless hours of entertainment. On the other hand, it's affected my relationships and productivity too. 

I totally get that. Balancing gaming with other aspects of life can be challenging but it's something you have to learn. If you don't take care of your needs in real life, you won't be able to properly enjoy gaming as much because you'll have those issues on your mind while gaming.