Register Now
Kane99

How often should you clean newer consoles? And what are the best way to clean newer consoles and PCs?

How often would you say you clean your consoles? Specifically if you have newer consoles. I ended up breaking my Xbox One a while back when I attempted to clean it, though I did a deep clean and took the console apart, even replaced thermal paste. After doing the cleaning, it wouldn't even start. My luck I guess. 

So, what is the best way to clean newer consoles? They're getting to a point where you have to clean them often like you would if you owned a gaming PC for example. It's recommended to clean your PC every few months too, so should you have to clean a console every three months too? Or at least keep it clean from dust every so often? But I don't think most console gamers bother to clean their consoles all that much. I'm very paranoid about cleaning consoles myself after I broke my Xbox One. I never want to deep clean one again for that reason. So are there other ways to clean your console so you don't have to open them? 

Or are there easy guides to follow on the proper opening/cleaning of your consoles to ensure the best play you can get? 

Would you recommend having a professional clean your consoles if you're too scared to clean them yourself? Or would you just take the risk yourself to clean them? 

So sorry to hear that bro! I'll recommend cleaning them every 6-12 months, depending on usage and this is applicable to newer consoles. I'll suggest you use compressed air to gently remove dust from vents and fans. 

2 hours ago, Lens said:

So sorry to hear that bro! I'll recommend cleaning them every 6-12 months, depending on usage and this is applicable to newer consoles. I'll suggest you use compressed air to gently remove dust from vents and fans. 

I agree with your cleaning schedule, it's the best way to go. but I'd like to add that it's very essential to ground yourself before you start to clean in order to prevent electricity damage. 

I've found that as long as you stay on top of basic maintenance like dusting the exterior and using compressed air on the vents, you can avoid the need for deep cleans. I totally get why you'd be paranoid after breaking a console. Personally, I only take mine apart if I absolutely have to. If you’re too nervous, having a professional do it is a good idea. I wouldn’t risk it, especially if you're worried about damaging another console.