Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most effective plot twists in gaming?

The plot twist in BioShock still blows my mind up until now. You can’t believe that I had to go back and replayed the whole thing just to see all the clues that I’ve actually missed in the first time around. 

1. Nier: Automata when you learn that humans actually have died long time ago and YoRHa is sending ships to Moon (or whatever can't remember) to keep up the illusion that humans are still alive.
  2. Spec Ops: The Line when Walker goes to confront the manipulative Colonel Konrad, who Walker believes has been trying to take control of Dubai the player instead finds a corpse. This twist is that Konrad has been dead for a goof while. Walker has been hallucinating about Konrad, and Walker has to come to terms with all the terrible acts he's committed.
  3. Final Fantasy VI when you find out that the main villain isn't Emperor Gestahl but Kefka the clown. Kefka had killed him and was attempting to take over.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:
  1. Nier: Automata when you learn that humans actually have died long time ago and YoRHa is sending ships to Moon (or whatever can't remember) to keep up the illusion that humans are still alive.
  2. Spec Ops: The Line when Walker goes to confront the manipulative Colonel Konrad, who Walker believes has been trying to take control of Dubai the player instead finds a corpse. This twist is that Konrad has been dead for a goof while. Walker has been hallucinating about Konrad, and Walker has to come to terms with all the terrible acts he's committed.
  3. Final Fantasy VI when you find out that the main villain isn't Emperor Gestahl but Kefka the clown. Kefka had killed him and was attempting to take over.

Honestly, those are some incredible plot twists right there. I love how they completely flip your understanding of the story. It's crazy though 🤣.