Register Now
Kane99

Concord - Upcoming FPS hero-shooter

Concord is an upcoming online FPS hero shooter from the people at Firewalk Studios, a studio owned by PlayStation. It reminds me of overwatch in some ways. I wonder if this is their attempt to compete with Overwatch. It looks like a lot of fun and the cool thing is, they are doing an open beta from July 18 - 21 , but those who got in on the early access release can play the beta right now until the 14th. 

Anyway, this officially comes out in August 23rd, is anyone interested in this? It's coming out for the PS5 and PC. 

I had no idea about this game until I saw many people playing it and talking about it. I never got chance to check out the beta but of those who I know that played it, they had a lot of fun and are excited for its release. 

I would have loved to check out the beta but hopefully I will be able to check out the game when it releases at some point. 

38 minutes ago, Shortie said:

I had no idea about this game until I saw many people playing it and talking about it. I never got chance to check out the beta but of those who I know that played it, they had a lot of fun and are excited for its release. 

I would have loved to check out the beta but hopefully I will be able to check out the game when it releases at some point. 

It's like a mix between Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch. Mostly Overwatch though as even some of the abilities look like carbon copy of certain Overwatch characters.

I'm definitely interested in this. I've been actively waiting for a new hero shooter to come out, and the Concord looks like it has a lot of potential. 

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's like a mix between Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch. Mostly Overwatch though as even some of the abilities look like carbon copy of certain Overwatch characters.

This could be a good one for me then. I was a huge fan of Overwatch, that was until they released Overwatch 2 and it became a mess and I lost interest. 

On 7/17/2024 at 11:53 PM, Shortie said:

This could be a good one for me then. I was a huge fan of Overwatch, that was until they released Overwatch 2 and it became a mess and I lost interest. 

I can see that the game's style and abilities resemble Overwatch. I'm realling hoping that this game can fill the void left by Overwatch 2. I do hope so.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:40 PM, Lens said:

I can see that the game's style and abilities resemble Overwatch. I'm realling hoping that this game can fill the void left by Overwatch 2. I do hope so.

I have to agree with you, as someone who was a huge fan of Overwatch and would play the game all the time, I feel that we were let down bad when Overwatch 2 was released and the game flopped which was a shame to see. 

Will be interesting to see how this games plays and whether it can as you say, fill the void left by Overwatch 2. 

2 hours ago, Shortie said:

I have to agree with you, as someone who was a huge fan of Overwatch and would play the game all the time, I feel that we were let down bad when Overwatch 2 was released and the game flopped which was a shame to see. 

Will be interesting to see how this games plays and whether it can as you say, fill the void left by Overwatch 2. 

I sincerely noticed the similarities in style and gameplay are definitely noticeable. It's very clear that the developers are inspired by the same sources. Don't you think so?

The initial trailer they showed for this game looked really interesting...then they revealed it was a hero shooter. I really liked Overwatch when it first came out, but that was 8 years ago. At this point, I really could not care less about hero shooters. 

Edited by Anders