Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games where there are no “good guys” to back?

I’m on my first playthrough of The Witcher 3. I assume I’ll eventually have to back one of the two factions, but they both seem completely awful to me. What are some other games where you have to back a side, but all the sides seem awful?

To be honest, Skyrim. The Imperial and The Stormcloaks are both awful for different reasons. The Imperials are suffering from the classic been in power so long that they became corrupt over time and having the Thalmor dictate their every action makes it even worse. The Stormcloaks on the other hand are extremely racist and believe that Skyrim belongs to only them.

On 7/15/2024 at 3:29 AM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, Skyrim. The Imperial and The Stormcloaks are both awful for different reasons. The Imperials are suffering from the classic been in power so long that they became corrupt over time and having the Thalmor dictate their every action makes it even worse. The Stormcloaks on the other hand are extremely racist and believe that Skyrim belongs to only them.

Yes, Skyrim's civil war is indeed a very  perfect example right there 😉.  It indicates a situation where both sides have valid grievances and flaws. 

This is a good question and not something I have thought about when playing a game until now. 

Skyrim is for sure one I would agree with, it's not too often you find a game where you can't choose a side by Skyrim is a solid example. 

2 hours ago, Lens said:

Yes, Skyrim's civil war is indeed a very  perfect example right there 😉.  It indicates a situation where both sides have valid grievances and flaws. 

Not just them, every single faction always have some kind of shady practices and responsible for some of the horrible things going on in Skyrim.

52 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Not just them, every single faction always have some kind of shady practices and responsible for some of the horrible things going on in Skyrim.

Exactly! No faction is entirely good or evil, and each of the factions has its own motivations and flaws. In a nutshell, energy is up to the player to navigate this complexity.