Register Now
StaceyPowers

What old game genre do you want to make a comeback?

Point-and-click games are my great choice and I'll really love to see the adventure games like Monkey Island, King's Quest, and Gabriel Knight. 

Offline 3rd-person tank games. It was never a huge genre to begin with, but it's nearly extinct now. The only two I even know of that have been made in the past three generations are Girls und Panzer games that only got released in Asia. I have both and they're great, but I'd love a non-anime tank game. An offline version of World of Tanks, War Thunder, or Armored Warfare would be amazing.

On 7/16/2024 at 1:55 PM, HowHammerYou said:

Offline 3rd-person tank games. It was never a huge genre to begin with, but it's nearly extinct now. The only two I even know of that have been made in the past three generations are Girls und Panzer games that only got released in Asia. I have both and they're great, but I'd love a non-anime tank game. An offline version of World of Tanks, War Thunder, or Armored Warfare would be amazing.

Seriously, the Offline 3rd-person tank games are a rare breed, and it's a shame that we never get to see them because they actually offer a unique and immersive gaming experience. 

Has to be point-and-click games for me. As much as there are still games out there that sometimes offer this type of gameplay, we don't tend to see them as often anymore and releases for games like this seems to have dropped drastically. 

I would love to see more point-and-click games. 

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

Has to be point-and-click games for me. As much as there are still games out there that sometimes offer this type of gameplay, we don't tend to see them as often anymore and releases for games like this seems to have dropped drastically. 

I would love to see more point-and-click games. 

Have you ever played the Broken Sword series? It's one of the best with an engaging story line and the plot twists are often mind-boggling.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Have you ever played the Broken Sword series? It's one of the best with an engaging story line and the plot twists are often mind-boggling.

I have heard of the series but have not played it. There are a lot of games I am finding I have missed out on due to being so busy with work and things away from gaming. 

I will check this game out though, I love games like that and could do with finding a new one to play. 

15 hours ago, Shortie said:
19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The Broken Sword is actually a classic adventure game series that's really known for its very engaging storytelling and it also has memorable characters as well.