Register Now
killamch89

Is Knowledge Truly Power?

I've always heard the saying "knowledge is power," but I'm curious about how true this really is. In what ways has knowledge empowered you personally or professionally? Do you think there are situations where knowledge isn't enough or where it can even be a disadvantage?

Knowledge is definitely power since it allows you to go beyond the limits that others can't. But sometimes it might not be enough since you might need some power to get through few things. So, as said in Game of Thrones, sometimes "Power is Power!"

Edited by Debashis

In my opinion, it depends on what you do with that knowledge. It only gives you power if you utilize it instead of just sitting on it. Without action, you'll never accomplish anything.

Knowledge is power in a sense. It gives you what you need to lead an intelligent life. Knowledge is one of the keys to the door of wisdom. If you reject knowledge, you reject reality and validation. You can't fix stupid, but you CAN fix ignorance. And if it's something practical and useful for your everyday life, I think you should learn it.

Accept and help ignorance. We are all ignorant about vastly more than we're knowledgeable about.

Reject willful ignorance.
Reject stupidity.

Both of those are absolutely unacceptable and inexcusable. They should NEVER be tolerated under any circumstance for any reason.