Register Now
killamch89

Should Religion Play a Role in Politics?

In a diverse and secular society, the intersection of religion and politics often sparks intense debate. Some argue that religious values provide a moral compass for governance, while others believe that religion should be kept separate to ensure unbiased and inclusive policy-making. What are your thoughts on the influence of religion in political decisions? Should it be encouraged, limited, or completely excluded?

As someone who is not religious but knows people who are and respects their beliefs, I would have to say that religion and politics do not go together at all. 

It's a shame that we see many people who bring religion into politics to prove a point. I feel they are both separate things and should be treated that way. 

On 7/17/2024 at 9:23 PM, Shortie said:

As someone who is not religious but knows people who are and respects their beliefs, I would have to say that religion and politics do not go together at all. 

It's a shame that we see many people who bring religion into politics to prove a point. I feel they are both separate things and should be treated that way. 

You are right. I don't even understand the reason they get to drag religion into politics all in a bid to win elections. The consequences most of the times is never as straightforward as they may wish it to be.

On 7/19/2024 at 5:18 AM, Knight Barida said:

You are right. I don't even understand the reason they get to drag religion into politics all in a bid to win elections. The consequences most of the times is never as straightforward as they may wish it to be.

I am not a religious person myself, I never have been but I understand that many people are and the influence religion can have on people. I feel religion is brought into politics purely because they know that they can target a certain group of people if it is done right. 

I agree that they should both be separated because it causes too many issues when certain members of a particular religion get preferential treatment while others are persecuted. 

No I don't think religion should coexist with politics. Many people in the United States forget that there's separation of church and state. This is why I will never vote Republican, their beliefs align more with Christianity which I don't follow nor believe in.

Religion has no place in politics. Yeah, in this puritanical country religion runs everything. Correction - xtianity runs everything. We are completely screwed if we ever want a non religious government. The Constitution is hanging on by a burning thread. The religious right has said that if Adolf seizes power again, that the Constitution is gone, and all schools will become xtianity indoctrination centers.

Mixing religion and politics is what led to people being burned at the stake.