Register Now
killamch89

Does Money Truly Make Us Happy?

I've been thinking a lot about the connection between money and happiness. Some people say money can't buy happiness, while others believe financial stability is key to a fulfilling life. What are your thoughts? Have you noticed a difference in your happiness when your financial situation changes?

Money can definitely give us a life that is stress-free but I do not believe it can bring happiness that would last a lifetime. 

If you have a lot of money to do almost everything or all of everything you ever wanted to do, you would end up living a life where you wouldn't know what to do anymore. I would be happy just having enough money that my life was less stressful and I could do more. 

I think money really makes us happy because it allows us to get the things that we need, want or desire to have for us or our loved ones. For people have enough money to live their dream life, it could not bring happiness since a lot of money comes with lots of stress.

I've thought about it and honestly, money is nice to have but happiness is something that has to come from within. I know plenty of people who are rich but they're absolutely freaking miserable. 

I believe money does truly make us happy. Without it you can't survive unless you live remotely and know how to hunt for your food. It'd be nice to not have to work for 40 hours to make a living, I watch train hoppers on Youtube and they're living life to the fullest IMO since they get to travel the country for free and live free. But they still need to earn some money in order to keep living that lifestyle.

On 7/26/2024 at 10:31 AM, The Blackangel said:

It's not necessary to have money in order to have a happy life. It fucking helps. But it's not a requirement.

Exactly. I know of and knew people who have generational wealth and they're absolutely miserable. Two of them committed suicide some time ago.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

If your whole world is wrapped around wealth, you're a truly sad and pathetic little person.

I mostly agree. While financial stability is important, happiness is something that has to come from within.