Register Now
killamch89

What's Your All-Time Favorite Dessert?

Hey everyone! I'm curious to know what your all-time favorite dessert is. Whether it's a classic like chocolate cake, a fruity delight like strawberry shortcake, or something unique and homemade, I'd love to hear about it.

My all time favourite dessert would have to be strawberries and cream. I love this and wish it was something I could eat all year round but I find that strawberries always taste better when we get to around June, July and August. 

I also enjoy strawberry cheesecake as well when I have the chance to have that. 

1 hour ago, Cpvr said:

My all time favorite dessert is ice cream cake, followed by cheesecake. Ice cream cake is delicious.

It has been such a long time since I had ice cream cake, I don't see it as often as I used to when I was younger which is a shame, they are always perfect on a hot summers day as a dessert or just a treat. 

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

It has been such a long time since I had ice cream cake, I don't see it as often as I used to when I was younger which is a shame, they are always perfect on a hot summers day as a dessert or just a treat. 

It started as a tradition in my family to get it on our birthdays instead of regular cake, so I’ve loved it since I was a young kid.

Edited by Cpvr

Being someone with a sweet tooth, I love all kinds of dessert so it's kind of difficult for me to choose one. But still if I have to choose only one, I would say it's an Indian sweet called Gulab Jamun. Its amazing! 

image.png.2905f96a94df8c37e980d97307b9ed2c.png

Edited by Debashis

On 7/20/2024 at 2:30 AM, Debashis said:

Being someone with a sweet tooth, I love all kinds of dessert so it's kind of difficult for me to choose one. But still if I have to choose only one, I would say it's an Indian sweet called Gulab Jamun. Its amazing! 

image.png.2905f96a94df8c37e980d97307b9ed2c.png

I've had Chyavanprash before with bread and I really enjoyed it but I'll have to ask my Indian friend about this.

I'm simple. Cobbler beats everything. Yeah you can sometimes get a decent one at the store or a restaurant, but if you want real cobbler it's gotta be homemade. Typically I want blackberry or gooseberry. Mixing the two is great. I used to always make what I called "bruise berry cobbler" when I was younger. It was simply a blackberry and blueberry cobbler. I'd mix the 2 fruits in one cobbler. For those who don't get it, black and blue is what we say here in the states when you get a bruise. For example, if you get hit in the face with a baseball, we say you're turning black and blue as the bruise sets in.

On 7/26/2024 at 10:27 AM, The Blackangel said:

I'm simple. Cobbler beats everything. Yeah you can sometimes get a decent one at the store or a restaurant, but if you want real cobbler it's gotta be homemade. Typically I want blackberry or gooseberry. Mixing the two is great. I used to always make what I called "bruise berry cobbler" when I was younger. It was simply a blackberry and blueberry cobbler. I'd mix the 2 fruits in one cobbler. For those who don't get it, black and blue is what we say here in the states when you get a bruise. For example, if you get hit in the face with a baseball, we say you're turning black and blue as the bruise sets in.

My favorite version is strawberry and buttermilk. I've not made it in about 3 or 4 years but I'll probably make some at Halloween.

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I think it's been close to 30 years since I've made one. I'm 42 now, and the last time I made a cobbler I was either 13 or 14. I need to find my recipe and get all the ingredients together to make one.

I got my recipe from Youtube. I don't quite remember what channel it was but it tasted very delicious.