Register Now
StaceyPowers

Excellent story-driven games that go overlooked?

On 8/28/2024 at 8:23 PM, killamch89 said:

Have you tried Disco Elysium? It's a narrative-heavy RPG where your choices genuinely shape the story. It’s critically acclaimed but still flies under the radar for many gamers.

I know Disco Elysium and it's indeed a hidden gem. What makes it stand out is its innovative storytelling. Another overlooked title is ‘What Remains of Edith Finch'. Do you know this game? 

19 hours ago, Lens said:

I know Disco Elysium and it's indeed a hidden gem. What makes it stand out is its innovative storytelling. Another overlooked title is ‘What Remains of Edith Finch'. Do you know this game? 

Yeah. It didn't get much coverage by the media at large but the few that bothered to cover it in 2022 raved about its storytelling. I haven't personally played it myself.

On 8/30/2024 at 7:21 PM, killamch89 said:

Yeah. It didn't get much coverage by the media at large but the few that bothered to cover it in 2022 raved about its storytelling. I haven't personally played it myself.

I'm so intrigued and the games like What Remains of Edith Finch, Firewatch, and Night in the Woods are excellent examples of overlooked story-driven gems.