Register Now
StaceyPowers

Obscure games with beautiful visual styles?

On 7/20/2024 at 3:03 AM, StaceyPowers said:

What are some relatively obscure games with compelling visual styles?

Based on my experience, the obscure games that caught my attention are The Path and The Whispered World.

I don't know about obscure, but I feel like no one I know has played or even heard about Paradise Killer. I absolutely adore that game, the soundtrack is amazing, and the visuals have an awesome sort of vaporwave aesthetic. I highly recommend playing it. 

3 hours ago, Button said:

There are some many obscure games that I know have some stunning visual styles. One of them is Gris. You know this game?

Gris is definitely a very beautiful game. It was Released in 2018, Gris has received widespread recognition for its stunning visual style, emotional storytelling too. 

On 7/23/2024 at 9:51 PM, Shagger said:

I actually reviewed a game called Ravenlok a while ago.  Not a very good game to be honest, but my god it was pretty.

I downloaded this game on Gamepass a while back because I though the art style looked really interesting, but I never ended up actually playing it. Does't sound like I'm missing a whole lot, but I might give it another go. 

3 hours ago, Anders said:

I downloaded this game on Gamepass a while back because I though the art style looked really interesting, but I never ended up actually playing it. Does't sound like I'm missing a whole lot, but I might give it another go. 

That's one of the beauty of Gamepass becuase you can try out games without having to commit to purchasing them. It's really an amazing feature.

On 7/23/2024 at 10:42 PM, Lens said:

Gris is definitely a very beautiful game. It was Released in 2018, Gris has received widespread recognition for its stunning visual style, emotional storytelling too. 

Gris is a very beautifully crafted game and it's with a unique visual style, emotional narrative, and captivating soundtrack too. This makes the game so immersive. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My choices for this were Okami for the Nintendo Gamecube and Viewtiful Joe for the Gamecube as well. Both had very unique art styles that were very vibrant in color..

Your choices are good . Okami and Viewtiful Joe are both excellent examples of games that has a  distinctive and a vibrant art styles. 

On 7/28/2024 at 5:26 AM, Lens said:

Your choices are good . Okami and Viewtiful Joe are both excellent examples of games that has a  distinctive and a vibrant art styles. 

I know for sure that Okami and Viewtiful Joe standouts when it comes to unique art styles. Games like these always  remind me of the importance of the visuals.

On 7/31/2024 at 7:16 AM, Button said:

I know for sure that Okami and Viewtiful Joe standouts when it comes to unique art styles. Games like these always  remind me of the importance of the visuals.

Okami and Viewtiful Joe are masterclasses but the game that comes to mind is Beyond Good & Evil. This game stands out due to its vibrant colors.