Register Now
StaceyPowers

What games benefit the most from going in blind?

The games that benefit the most from going in blind are usually those ones with complex storylines and with the plot twists. The Last of Us Part II is an excellent example of that.

Edited by Button

On 7/20/2024 at 4:07 AM, StaceyPowers said:

What games benefit most dramatically from going in blind, i.e. knowing next to nothing about what one is about to play? Outer Wilds is one of the best-known examples.

In the same vein as Outer Wilds, I would say Return of the Obra Dinn. 

I know quite well that going in blind can enhance the gaming experience, especially for games like Bioshock, The Last of Us, or What Remains of Edith Finch.

I'd say Red Dead Redemption 2 because what you'll experience will blow you away. It's a pity Rockstar never made lots of DLC for the single-player mode. There's so much content there that could be explored.

On 7/26/2024 at 7:04 PM, killamch89 said:

I'd say Red Dead Redemption 2 because what you'll experience will blow you away. It's a pity Rockstar never made lots of DLC for the single-player mode. There's so much content there that could be explored.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is indeed an excellent choice. The game is so  immersive world and the story is engaging as well. It's really a shame that Rockstar didn't release more DLC for the single-player mode.  

Totally! Red Dead Redemption 2 is phenomenal. It's surprising considering how much additional content GTA V Online received over the years. If they even gave RDR Online the same amount of attention regarding content, it'd be almost as big of a hit as GT

11 hours ago, Button said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 is indeed an excellent choice. The game is so  immersive world and the story is engaging as well. It's really a shame that Rockstar didn't release more DLC for the single-player mode.  

Edited by killamch89
nothing

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Totally! Red Dead Redemption 2 is phenomenal. It's surprising considering how much additional content GTA V Online received over the years. If they even gave RDR Online the same amount of attention regarding content, it'd be almost as big of a hit as GT

Red Dead Redemption 2 is indeed a masterpiece. It has immersive storytelling and the characters are quite engaging as well. The gameplay mechanics offered a very unique canvas that could be used for creative content. 

1 hour ago, Button said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 is indeed a masterpiece. It has immersive storytelling and the characters are quite engaging as well. The gameplay mechanics offered a very unique canvas that could be used for creative content. 

Red Dead Redemption 2's single-player offers some kind of unparallel experience to me. but it's true that it hasn't actually received the same level of content support as GTA V Online.