Register Now
Debashis

John Cena - Last Time Is Now!

As recently announced by him, he would be retiring from in-ring competition after 2025 WrestleMania. What are your views on it? Would you like to see more of him in the ring after WM 2025 or you think it is a good time for him to retire? 

Why would I want to see more of him in the ring after WrestleMania 2025? John Cena have given everything in WWE. He doesn't owe the fans anything else. He needs to rest. 

On 7/21/2024 at 10:37 AM, Heatman said:

Why would I want to see more of him in the ring after WrestleMania 2025? John Cena have given everything in WWE. He doesn't owe the fans anything else. He needs to rest. 

Exactly. John Cena has been around since 2005-06 season. That's nearly 20 years and hopefully, he has a fantastic retirement.

Watching Cena in the ring was always amazing. I mean who else had the physical power to lift Big Show and flip him over their shoulders? He has given wrestling fans (former and current) so much, that by now his body needs the rest. Unless he just blows straight through it, he will never have to worry about money again. Pro wrestling, acting, and music? He's an entertainer through and through. Yeah the movie and record offers will dry up at some point. That's how it goes for everyone. I mean when was the last time you heard of Rick Moranis being offered a role? Not since the mid 90's. Moranis's last film roles were Barney Rubble in The Flintstones (1994) and the box-office flop Big Bully (1996).

So he will fully retire all around at some point. But he is in the prime of his life right now. He is a physical specimen for the record books, and is a total sweetheart to everyone. Except in the ring. Then he is an evil killer.

So I say, go for the retirement. Unless I don't remember right, I think Vince (king asshole of the fucking sports world) tries to copyright every aspect of his wrestler's lives, including their legal names. He has been told he can't copyright their legal names which is why he wants them to all adopt a ring name. Big Show, Edge, Big Papa Pump, CM Punk, and so on. That way he can have his fingers in anything and everything they do regardless of if it's acting, singing, or farting on a taco. If they get paid for ANYTHING, that greedy bastard gets paid.

That's why the Dudley Boyz are now known in TNA(Impact?) as Team 3D.

On 7/21/2024 at 10:37 AM, Heatman said:

I agree. It’s time for him to hang it up and retire. 

The Undertaker who gave over 30 years of his life and at least as much to his health to this business and retired with  no build up nor fanfare without a live audience to witness it.

John Cena, with around 20 years on the clock, gets to to participate half time for around a decade then announce a year long build up to his retirement.

The legacy of a great pro-wrestler isn't  the fanfare of thier end, it's how the next generation builds utop thier legacy.  It's about what the next generation does better than themselves.

In other words, fuck Cena.  He was good, and I mean really good.  Strong as a God with the charisma of a rockstar.  I will never forget the Last Man Standing match he had with (The late) Umaga.  Cena is amazing, but I just don't feel he was as selfless as he looked.

Edited by Shagger