Register Now
Heatman

Enzo Racist Chant

After Argentina won the Copa America when they beat Colombia, some of their players including Enzo Fernández taking part in singing and dancing a racist song which was addressed to France players. 

This song they had practiced was - "Listen, spread the word, they play in France, but they are all from Angola, they are going to run well, they like to sleep with trans people, their mum is Nigerian, their dad is Cameroonian, but on the passport it says: French."

What backlash do you think this will have on him when he returns to Chelsea where about 5 of his teammates have unfollowed him on Instagram and spoke out against him? 

The fans chanting crap like this horrid, but in a true statement of just how bad football/soccer fans can get, not surprising.  For the players to do so is completly unacceptable.  They are representing thier country as professional athletes, a major responcibility.  Not only is it a mockery of that responcibility for them to partake in such actions, it is (or at least it should be) part of that responcibility to condemn such actions from anyone.  To me, it would not be to harsh for Agentenia stripped of the Copa America Cup over this as well as fines and suspensions/bans for the players involved.

I watched the video and was in a complete disgust. Also, with how they sang it without missing words showed they've planned and rehearsed the song for a long time. 

I'm with you @Shaggeron having Argentina stripped of the Cope America Cup. If that's done, I'm certain we won't be seeing such for a long by any team players. 

On 7/21/2024 at 2:57 PM, Shagger said:

The fans chanting crap like this horrid, but in a true statement of just how bad football/soccer fans can get, not surprising.  For the players to do so is completly unacceptable.  They are representing thier country as professional athletes, a major responcibility.  Not only is it a mockery of that responcibility for them to partake in such actions, it is (or at least it should be) part of that responcibility to condemn such actions from anyone.  To me, it would not be to harsh for Agentenia stripped of the Copa America Cup over this as well as fines and suspensions/bans for the players involved.

This isn't just a football issue. If you've ever been to Argentina, you'll quickly come to realize that the racism is heavily ingrained in their culture. And they're not the only South American country with that kind of mentality either.