Register Now
Kane99

If you could experience one year of gaming over again, what year would it be?

If given the chance to relive your favorite year of gaming, what year would it be and why? I think this is a tough question to answer, because there have been many great years of gaming, but also some rough years as well. For you specifically what year would you like to revisit? As in the whole year. I think it's a tough one. Part of me would love to revisit one of my years as a child, gaming on the NES with my mom and sister. idk what year to be exact, but I'll guess 1992-1994 or so. But I would also like to revisit 2010 when I got RDR1, and I think one of the Black Ops games was out around the same year. All my friends were on Call of Duty that year, and going back to hang with them would be dope. 

But, if you had to pick one year, what year would it be and why?

For me, it might also be 2010, but for different reasons. Mine doesn't really have anything to do with games released that year, but 2010 was the year I started playing World of Warcraft. I don't play it any longer, but that first year was an absolutely magical experience. I had played other MMOs before, mainly Guild Wars, but WoW was an entirely different experience. I completely fell in love with the world, and spent all most all of my summer vacation that year in Azeroth. I would love to be able to experience that again for the first time. 

23 hours ago, Kennysplash said:

When I was playing super Mario everyday, that was like 2008. It was such a memorable time of my life, just thinking about playing makes me excited. 

If I had to choose a year, i'd suggest 1998 becuase this year saw the release of iconic games like;

The Legend of Zelda

Half-Life 

Gran Turismo 

7 hours ago, Lens said:

If I had to choose a year, i'd suggest 1998 becuase this year saw the release of iconic games like;

The Legend of Zelda

Half-Life 

Gran Turismo 

That's a very fantastic choice.  1998 was indeed an incredible year for gaming. Other ones are Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 2, Banjo-Kazooie and Spyro the Dragon.

I loved that year of gaming because I got introduced to so many classics as mentioned above, particularly, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil 2, Gran Turismo, Ocarina Of Time and Half-Life. Fallout 2, Tenchu, Crash Bandicoot Warped, Tomb Raider 3 and Unreal also came out 1998. However my choice would be 2004 - you had games like San Andreas, Half-Life 2, Burnout 3: Takedown, Fable, Ninja Gaiden, Tony Hawk's Underground and MGS3: Snake Eater.

Wow, 1998 was indeed an incredible year for gaming. That year, many iconic classics were released, and it's so amazing to see many of those games stood the test of time.

On 7/28/2024 at 5:23 AM, Lens said:

Wow, 1998 was indeed an incredible year for gaming. That year, many iconic classics were released, and it's so amazing to see many of those games stood the test of time.

1998 was truly a very remarkable year for gaming. In this time we saw the games like Half-Life, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Gran Turismo.

On 7/31/2024 at 7:25 AM, Button said:

1998 was truly a very remarkable year for gaming. In this time we saw the games like Half-Life, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Gran Turismo.

1998 was a year for gaming, and this legacy can still be felt. Another important thing is the timeless appeal of those games.