Register Now
Kane99

Did your school have an after school video game club?

I know some schools have had game clubs after school. Usually after school things you can do with other classmates. I never joined a club growing up, but was always curious about them. I thought it would have been cool to start my own gaming club in school, but I never pushed on with doing it. I was wondering though, are there anyone here who has taken a part of a game club in their schools? Or even college? I know some schools have started to implement video game clubs and hangouts for students. And I'm curious to know if anyone here has ever gotten the chance to be a part of one. 

The essence of this club is to offer a space for students to socialize, collaborate, and to also thare their passion for gaming. Unfortunately, my didn't have one. 

My school was quite different. Any kind of video game was frowned upon. I could remember my principal saying that video game is evil, and if we want to go far in life we should avoid it completely. The lies we were fed. 

On 7/24/2024 at 12:42 PM, Kennysplash said:

My school was quite different. Any kind of video game was frowned upon. I could remember my principal saying that video game is evil, and if we want to go far in life we should avoid it completely. The lies we were fed. 

I want to point out that the notion that video games are evil is outdated and it's a misinformation. Of course, we all know that excessive gaming can be very harmful but moderate gaming also have numerous benefits too.

On 7/24/2024 at 12:42 PM, Kennysplash said:

It's pretty very unfortunate that your school had such a negative view of video games. I also believe that the  notion that video games are "evil" is an outdated insinuation. 

Nope. They normally told us to go out and play instead of wasting our time with videogames. At the time, me and my friends use to have Pokemon so we'd Pokebattle and trade with each other.

On 7/26/2024 at 7:07 PM, killamch89 said:

Nope. They normally told us to go out and play instead of wasting our time with videogames. At the time, me and my friends use to have Pokemon so we'd Pokebattle and trade with each other.

I remembered that those days are when parents often didn't understand what gaming is back then. Games are very good for encouraging social interaction and friendly competition as well.

12 hours ago, Button said:

I remembered that those days are when parents often didn't understand what gaming is back then. Games are very good for encouraging social interaction and friendly competition as well.

A good amount still don't because their parents told them the same thing when growing up and it's sad. Gaming can teach a child so much and help to develop things like coordination and short-term memory skills.

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

A good amount still don't because their parents told them the same thing when growing up and it's sad. Gaming can teach a child so much and help to develop things like coordination and short-term memory skills.

The stigma that is surrounding gaming is slowly fading away, but I still find it very difficult to believe that some parents still perpetuate negative stereotypes. This is crazy though.

1 hour ago, Button said:

The stigma that is surrounding gaming is slowly fading away, but I still find it very difficult to believe that some parents still perpetuate negative stereotypes. This is crazy though.

There are lots of cognitive and social benefits that gaming offer children. It's very essential for parents to also understand and recognize these advantages as well. 

On 7/25/2024 at 7:41 PM, Button said:

It's pretty very unfortunate that your school had such a negative view of video games. I also believe that the  notion that video games are "evil" is an outdated insinuation. 

Yes it was a long time ago. Many older ones have not come to terms with civilization yet, so they frown on many things that involves it, video games especially. 

23 hours ago, Kennysplash said:

Yes it was a long time ago. Many older ones have not come to terms with civilization yet, so they frown on many things that involves it, video games especially. 

It's important to know that understanding and acceptance can take a lot of time, especially for those from older generations. I still people who often misunderstood video games as a waste of time.

14 hours ago, Button said:

It's important to know that understanding and acceptance can take a lot of time, especially for those from older generations. I still people who often misunderstood video games as a waste of time.

It's very essential to be very patient and to be very understanding as well. There is need for the older generations to start embracing new technologies and hobbies, like video games.