Register Now
Kane99

Did your school have an after school video game club?

21 hours ago, Button said:

It's important to know that understanding and acceptance can take a lot of time, especially for those from older generations. I still people who often misunderstood video games as a waste of time.

Misunderstood is definitively the right word to use. Sadly we do not have a choice but to either wait around for them to accept it or give up in engaging totally. The school management even called some parents to discourage video games for kids at home. 

While I am not at school anymore, I can still remember my days at school. We didn’t have an after school gaming club but a lunchtime Minecraft club was arranged. Where you could spend your entire 40 minutes gaming on a local server with the class of like minded people.

On 9/30/2024 at 8:39 PM, Bizdustry said:

While I am not at school anymore, I can still remember my days at school. We didn’t have an after school gaming club but a lunchtime Minecraft club was arranged. Where you could spend your entire 40 minutes gaming on a local server with the class of like minded people.

That's intriguing! The Lunchtime Minecraft club sounds so amazing to me. I can feel the enjoyment in playing with your classmates. It will get more interesting if the club organizes competitions.

On 8/1/2024 at 1:08 PM, Button said:

The stigma that is surrounding gaming is slowly fading away, but I still find it very difficult to believe that some parents still perpetuate negative stereotypes. This is crazy though.

It's still very much alive and well even though it's been slowly fading away as you said.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's still very much alive and well even though it's been slowly fading away as you said.

I sincerely understand the plight of the parents and i'm not trying to justify irresponsible gaming either. But there are lots of opportunities in the gaming world now. For instance, educational games can be used to improve our cognitive abilities. That's just one of them.

This is impressive. Organising kids or students in the school to play games will always be a beautiful experience as far as I am concerned. 

Minecraft is a good game to play with friends . I so much enjoy the creative freedom and the multiplayer aspect. It made it perfect for a school club. 

On 10/3/2024 at 12:58 PM, GameOn said:

Minecraft is a good game to play with friends . I so much enjoy the creative freedom and the multiplayer aspect. It made it perfect for a school club. 

It would be nice if schools can support the implementation of gaming clubs or esports programs. It's a way to promote teamwork, strategy, and problem-solving skills.