Register Now
Ja sa bong

Have your smartphone battery swollen up from over charging?

I've been seeing this online on posts people make on social media sites but I experience it last week. I plugged my phone as usual and slept off but only to wake up in the morning to see the battery swollen like a pregnant woman. It did freaked me out because I was thinking what if the phone had exploded 🤯? 

That sounds terrifying! You should definitely stop using that phone and get the battery replaced immediately. Keeping it in that condition can be really dangerous. Are you currently using the certified charger for your device because some third-party chargers may overcharge your device as well.

It is recommended you use the same plug that it comes with in the box, as the voltage or fuse could be higher or lower, so it may get too hot. 😩

On X, I hate it how they don't have a (free) edit button. You may want to just correct a small typo. But nah. Upgrading is the only way. 😅

On 7/30/2024 at 1:11 PM, Knight Plug said:

It is recommended you use the same plug that it comes with in the box, as the voltage or fuse could be higher or lower, so it may get too hot. 😩

On X, I hate it how they don't have a (free) edit button. You may want to just correct a small typo. But nah. Upgrading is the only way. 😅

Another thing is to get a surge protector because your electric company might overload the circuit causing you battery to overcharge which can contribute to swelling.

On 8/11/2024 at 9:53 PM, Cpvr said:

I’ve never experienced this issue before, but it’s honestly scary to wake up to your phone being swollen like that.

Did you replace the phone?

I changed the battery but still had to change the phone in 2 months time as I was not comfortable with using it again. It's the only scary experience I've had with with smartphone. 

I’ve only ever had one battery swell up. When a battery swells up it’s not usually become of overcharging, it’s because of its reaching the end of lifespan. So any battery, even those in cars can only be charged so many times before it has to be replaced!