Register Now
Kane99

Surfpunk - Anime inspired co-op extraction ARPG

I'm not one for these types of games, but I think there are some fans of the genre here. Surfpunk is an upcoming anime inspired Co-op extraction ARPG still in development. I'm hearing there will be procedurally generated islands as well. It's only just been announced and there's been no news yet as to when it is expected to release. But they did release a trailer for the game, and you can find that below. You can also find it on the Steam page here - https://store.steampowered.com/app/2434830/Surfpunk/

There was also a press release put out about said game that will go into a bit more detail if you're interested - https://thegg.net/press-releases/the-co-op-extraction-anime-inspired-arpg-surfpunk-has-just-been-announced-for-pc/

I hadn't heard about this game, but it looks really cool! I'm a huge fan of ARPGs, and I really like this art style. I am however sceptical about the 4 player coop aspect of it. Personally I would have preferred it to be a single player experience, but that's just me. 

On 7/29/2024 at 8:11 AM, Lens said:

I'm so intrigued by Surfpunk. What really piqued my interest is the anime art style and co-op gameplay.

I’m not usually into ARPGs that much, but the anime-inspired aspect and co-op features might make this worth a try.

On 8/1/2024 at 12:08 AM, killamch89 said:

I’m not usually into ARPGs that much, but the anime-inspired aspect and co-op features might make this worth a try.

I believed that Surfpunk might just be the game to change your mind about ARPGs. It has a very compelling anime-inspired art style and co-op features that has actually added a fresh twist to the genre.