Register Now
Ravenfreak

Do you have a OEM hard drive in your 360 or a third party hard drive?

I'm sure most people here have a OEM hard drive in your 360. There were a few models that came out with no hard drive, so there's a chance you might have a third party hard drive in your console if you bought it second hand. I bought a 360 E about a year ago on Ebay and it was supposed to come with a hard drive, but it didn't and I unfortunately didn't notice until it was too late to appeal. Anyways I got around to getting a third party hard drive for my console. You can't play original Xbox games on a 360 with a third party hard drive since they lack the emulator used to run original Xbox games. That's fine for me at least since I have an original Xbox anyways. Does your Xbox 360 have an OEM hard drive or does it have a third party one?

I had an OEM hard drive as well, so I haven’t had to deal with that issue. It’s a bummer you missed the hard drive when you bought your 360. Did the third-party drive met your needs otherwise, or were there other issues you had to work around?

On 8/10/2024 at 10:55 AM, Lens said:

Some third-party drive might meet your needs. But I just wish I could play original Xbox games on it. 

I've heard mixed reviews about third-party drives. But Some really work perfectly fine, while others can be hit or miss. But it's very crucial to put it in your mind that the original Xbox games won't work with third-party drives.