Register Now
Cpvr

OpenAi is going to launch a search engine to compete against google

A new way to search

Getting answers on the web can take a lot of effort, often requiring multiple attempts to get relevant results. We believe that by enhancing the conversational capabilities of our models with real-time information from the web, finding what you’re looking for can be faster and easier.

Designed to give you an answer

SearchGPT will quickly and directly respond to your questions with up-to-date information from the web while giving you clear links to relevant sources.

You’ll be able to ask follow-up questions, like you would in a conversation with a person, with the shared context building with each query. 

source: Openai.com

It'll probably do better than Google search engine. I swear that Google's search engine finds everything else except what I'm actually looking for. Hopefully, one of them can overtake Google.

On 7/29/2024 at 4:35 PM, killamch89 said:

It'll probably do better than Google search engine. I swear that Google's search engine finds everything else except what I'm actually looking for. Hopefully, one of them can overtake Google.

I agree. There’s some things that I literally can’t find when I search for it on Google,  but I can literally find it if I ask Chatgpt the same thing. I’m looking forward to OpenAi’s new search engine. Hopefully it’ll be out of testing relatively soon.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:41 PM, Cpvr said:

I agree. There’s some things that I literally can’t find when I search for it on Google,  but I can literally find it if I ask Chatgpt the same thing. I’m looking forward to OpenAi’s new search engine. Hopefully it’ll be out of testing relatively soon.

I agree that ChatGPT can find some really specific stuff that Google misses. I’m hopeful for the new search engine too, but I guess we’ll have to see if it lives up to the hype. Fingers crossed!