Register Now
Kane99

Earth Defense Force 6

Who here has played any of the games in the Earth Defense Force series? I've never played anything in the series, but it does look like a lot of fun. The 6th game just dropped recently on PC (Steam/Epic Games), PS4 and PS5. 

I'm hearing the new game is getting review bombed because people hate that it requires an Epic Games account in order to play, even when buying on Steam. I don't see the fuss in just creating a quick account, but I guess they have to have a reason to complain. You can read about that here too - https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/earth-defense-force-6-review-bomb-epic

I'm a very huge fan of the Earth Defense Force series. I've played every bit of the  game since the first one was released and I keep loving it. 

I've definitely played a few games in the Earth Defense Force series and they're always filled with fun. Initially I was so excited to try Earth Defense Force 6, but the review has got me to be skeptical.

Edited by Lens

I've played a couple of the Earth Defense Force games, and they are indeed a lot of fun! The giant insect battles are always a blast. As for the Epic Games account requirement, I understand why some people might be upset. It's not just about creating an account; it's more about having to use a different launcher and dealing with potential privacy concerns. Some players also prefer to keep all their games in one place. That said, it's great that the game is available on multiple platforms.

On 7/29/2024 at 9:45 PM, killamch89 said:

I've played a couple of the Earth Defense Force games, and they are indeed a lot of fun! The giant insect battles are always a blast. As for the Epic Games account requirement, I understand why some people might be upset. It's not just about creating an account; it's more about having to use a different launcher and dealing with potential privacy concerns. Some players also prefer to keep all their games in one place. That said, it's great that the game is available on multiple platforms.

The series is actually known for its top action and humor and I see that the latest installment seems to deliver as well.  I hot to see the benefits outweigh the inconvenience of using a different launcher for some players.

On 8/3/2024 at 9:06 PM, Lens said:

The series is actually known for its top action and humor and I see that the latest installment seems to deliver as well.  I hot to see the benefits outweigh the inconvenience of using a different launcher for some players.

Absolutely, the Earth Defense Force series has always been about embracing the chaos and humor.