Register Now
Ravenfreak

Do you own a hacked original Xbox or Xbox 360?

Many people hack their older Xbox consoles so they can run emulators on them. Heck you can run your current Series X/S in dev mode and get access to Retroarch. Back in the day though, you had to install either a mod chip on your Xbox 360 or hacks on your original Xbox hard drive. I have a modded original Xbox that I got from a co worker years ago. I've been thinking about opening up the console, giving it a good clean and getting a new hard drive and installing a newer mod on it though. Once I get some better soldering skills, I want to get a 360 and mod it. I have a 360 E but I don't think I can mod my model. Do you have a hacked Xbox?

One of my original Xboxes is hacked, and has bunch of games on the hard drive. I did't actually know that it was when I bought, I just wanted it because it was the limited crystal version. A lot of the games on it doesn't seem to want to boot at all though. I looked into adding some games of my own to it, but it seemed very complicated by today's standards, so I'll just play my discs instead. 

No - I don't. I've always been curious about it but it's the fear of having a hacked device start infecting my own network that made me kind of hesitant. Granted, give time and patience, I probably could've learned to do it myself like how I used to jailbreak my IPhone and had Super Nes and Gba emulators on it back in the day.

I don't have but my friend does have a soft-modded original Xbox. He installed a new hard drive and he then load it up with emulators and classic games as well.