Register Now
Kane99

Anything you can use a Kinect for these days?

Whether it be the original Kinect or the Kinect 2 that came out with the Xbox One, does anyone here still use either of them yet? Maybe you still play some of the games that came out for it, or maybe you use it on PC in other ways. 

I know you can use Kinect on PC in some ways, but I never tried. I am curious though, who here still uses it for any reason? Who here has tried to mod it to use it for other means? Is there even any point to use a kinect in 2024 and onward? 

I still want to get a copy of Sonic Free Riders. I have a Kinect, I got it with my Xbox 360 E I bought a few years ago. I've never played this game and being a die hard Sonic fan I would love to own every game I possibly can in the franchise. Also I've seen ghost hunters use the Kinect camera to pick up abnormalities.

Not that I know of and it's a shame because the Kinect was way ahead of its time. Granted, the always online requirement wasn't feasible at the time because a good amount of people never had really stable internet.

Honestly, I haven't used my Kinect for many years now. But I've heard from a friend that I can use the Kinect on PC for motion tracking and also for gesture recognition. Is this true?  

1 hour ago, Lens said:

Honestly, I haven't used my Kinect for many years now. But I've heard from a friend that I can use the Kinect on PC for motion tracking and also for gesture recognition. Is this true?  

I know why you're so curious about Kinect's current uses. Same is applicable to me because I keep wondering if there's still a purpose for this tech in 2024. 

On 8/10/2024 at 10:46 AM, Lens said:

Really. How did they manage that? That sounds quite interesting.