Register Now
Ravenfreak

What do you do to keep cool during the summer?

I'm curious to hear how you all beat the heat. It's currently the summertime here in the Northern Hemisphere and with August fast approaching, it can get super hot where I live in this month. If I have to go outside, I try to stay in the shade or go swimming. However when I'm at home I stay inside most of the time but I work in a hot factory unfortunately and it gets super hot in the building. Plus I work in a area that welds parts so it gets even hotter. I just keep hydrated and stay in a fan as much as I possibly can to cool off.

I live in a country that's like an oven in the summer. Usually, I have to have on the AC and fan to keep myself cool and when I'm going out, I make sure to carry lots of water to keep myself hydrated.

3 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Stay inside. My body can't handle temperatures over about 70° fahrenheit (21° celsius).

It seems that age and whatnot has finally begun catching up with me.

The worst part is, it keeps getting hotter every year. I swear it feels like the Arizona desert outside. Outside of giving my dog water and food, I really don't go outside unless I can't avoid it.

On 8/5/2024 at 3:09 AM, Cpvr said:

I try to stay in the Ac as much as possible. I also wear shorts and dry fit shirts, so it’s not too hot when I go outside.

I do that as well and the minute I reach the door, it feels like I'm melting, lol. I have to really contemplate if it's worth it whenever I have to go outside and do anything. Why is it so hot?!

Winter will be here before we know it. As much as I hate the humid weather now, what's the lesser of the two evils? I think I prefer some warmth to those bitterly, sub zero temperatures.

March and September always seems to be the best time of the year in Scotland. Not at all freezing. Not overly hot either. And best of all, no hay fever to be troubled by. 😂