Register Now
Kennysplash

Are there times when you have no passion to play?

On 9/25/2024 at 4:16 PM, Scorpion said:

Yes, I experience gaming cycles periods of intense enthusiasm followed by weeks of disinterest, it's normal...

It's pretty normal, and I wish most gamers who get to experience such would not have to beat themselves too much about why it is happening to them.

The other day, Dusk Golem was talking on X about how Capcom aims to have the next RE game finally gain another 90% rating. The original mainline games up to and including RE4 had achieved that score.

But I think the problem is that they just started copying other games and movies too much, out of desperation. Even RE7 which was lauded as a 'return to the roots' just ripped off TCM and J-Horror scenes. So Capcom really needs to stop doing that. The same with RE8 being way too much like RE4, etc. 

It's hard to be different from your competitors, I guess. Nearly everything in the genre has been done so many times. So what is there really left to attempt?

Capcom even tried the idea of live footage in RE6. Jake had to use the cameras to get Sherry to safety. So all those POV movies probably inspired these ideas. And that's cool, I suppose.

To be honest, I get more enjoyment watching movies now than I do with gaming. But I really wish I had a new game to enjoy, right about now. It has been a hot minute since I played anything.

Gone are the days when I would stay hours playing video games every day and still repeat the same thing over and over again tomorrow. I'm no longer a kid. I have so much on my mind which are far more important than playing games. Some weeks might pass and I wouldn't feel like playing. 

On 7/29/2024 at 2:54 PM, Knight Barida said:

I used to have situations where I can go days or weeks without playing games. It is always because of my work, and I can't let gaming affect my work when we have issues at the office.

That's called having your priorities straight and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd do the same if I was in your position - work sustains your livelihood and also gives you money to buy games so that has to be the priority.

Yes, there are. I won’t usually play if I’ve had a long day at work or feel mentally / physically exhausted. Times like this I just feel like hitting the hay and starting a fresh in the morning. There are other circumstances but this is the primary reason as to why

Edited by Bizdustry