Register Now
Kennysplash

Do you often gamble on the outcomes of games?

When I play in game hubs and centers, I see people placing bets on the outcome. They can bet on themselves or choose one of the players to bet on to win. These ones try to make a business out of gaming. 
I feel this will put unnecessary pressure on the players, and this will kill the fun of gaming. 

Do you place bets on gaming outcome? 

I understand that betting on game outcomes can add an extra layer of excitement and competition, but it should be done responsibly. I do it occasionally too. 

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nope. And that has to do with my horrible luck when betting. I can only name one or two instances where I've actually won lots of money while gambling.

I mean there are those of us that just don’t have the luck. Even when others have been winning, when it gets to me the opposite would be the case. So I don’t see the need to stress it. 

8 hours ago, Button said:

No, I don't really gamble on game outcomes. What I do is that play games only for the enjoyment I get and for  socialization as well. 

I'm not a fan of gambling becuase I know that gambling can lead to a toxic environment and unhealthy competition as well. Gaming should be about having fun only

On 7/28/2024 at 10:32 AM, Kennysplash said:

I mean there are those of us that just don’t have the luck. Even when others have been winning, when it gets to me the opposite would be the case. So I don’t see the need to stress it. 

I've been lucky in other areas of my life but when it comes to gambling - never. You'd swore I walked past a thousand black cats before I went gambling...

On 7/29/2024 at 8:41 PM, killamch89 said:

I've been lucky in other areas of my life but when it comes to gambling - never. You'd swore I walked past a thousand black cats before I went gambling...

I'm sure it's frustrating, maybe you just need to kind of try a different game. Or you may just be due for a big win to make up for all the losses 

Edited by Button

On 7/31/2024 at 6:44 AM, Button said:

I'm sure it's frustrating, maybe you just need to kind of try a different game. Or you may just be due for a big win to make up for all the losses 

That is the negative thinking associated with gambling. Chronic gamblers think that one day they can win big, but they keep on losing a lot of money. It’s a vicious cycle.