Register Now
Kane99

What is the best Xbox 360 game?

With the recent store shutdown for the Xbox 360, it seems like the right time to post a topic discussing the best games for the now 18 year old console. Wow the 360 can vote now. lol 

But seriously, out of all the games released on the 360 over the years, which ones do you consider to be the top of the line? Are they going to be exclusive titles like Halo 3, or 4. Or something from the Gears series. Or are you more interested in a 3rd party game like one of the COD games, Battlefield series, GTA IV, V, Red Dead Redemption etc. What would you say is the best the Xbox 360 console has ever had? Maybe it's one of the Forza games, or something I'm completely forgetting about. 

And feel free to discuss the worst too if you want. For me. I think if we had to pick the best exclusive, I would go Alan Wake. I was never too into the Gears or Halo games myself. I know they are probably the most popular out of the bunch for Xbox, but I preferred Alan Wake as an exclusive. Now days it's on every platform though. As for non-exclusive, I'd go with Red Dead Redemption. Just everything about that game was solid for me. One of my favorites. 

Anyway, discuss what you think the best Xbox 360 game is. Is it an exclusive? Or a third party title that released on many consoles? 

Great question! The Xbox 360 definitely had a remarkable library. For me, Halo 3 stands out as a defining moment for the console, setting the bar for FPS games. The campaign was epic, and the multiplayer was revolutionary. But I also have a soft spot for Gears of War—its gritty narrative and intense gameplay made it a standout. On the third-party front, I’d agree with you about Red Dead Redemption; it’s a timeless classic with its incredible storytelling and open world. As for the worst, I’d say Duke Nukem Forever was a huge letdown after all the hype.

I think the best Xbox 360 game is Alan Wake, and i have reasons for giving this game hands down. The storytelling, atmosphere, and gameplay is so unique and captivating.