Register Now
Kane99

Ever combine multiple monitors to play video games?

Have you ever used more than one monitor to play a video game? I know you can setup multiple displays to work as one display for a game. Like some people who have racing setups. Some will utilize 3 monitors as one display. I've always wanted to do it, but my setup never permitted it really. Of course you could probably buy a really big curved ultra wide monitor to achieve this, but I could see that costing more. Have any of you ever played a game with multiple monitors? Would you? Or would you rather just use an curved monitor to achieve it?

I've never tried it myself, but I would like to try it at some point. To me, racing games definitely have the most appeal for multiple monitor setups. I've seen some sim racing rigs that utilize 3 monitors to give you peripheral vision, and it looks awesome. Must be a lot more immersive than just having one screen in front of you.  

Yes, I've actually used multiple monitors for gaming. I set up three monitors for a immersive racing experience, and it was so incredible. I would like to mention that the wider field of view is exactly what increased realism and made it feel like I was right on the track.