Register Now
killamch89

What gaming industry trends are you excited about or skeptical of?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on current trends in the gaming industry. Whether it's the rise of cloud gaming, VR advancements, the push for more inclusive games, or even the debate over microtransactions, what are you most excited about or skeptical of?

I'm so excited about the advancements in virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) gaming. It will enhance immersive experiences , and I think they'll also revolutionize the way we play games too.

On 8/27/2024 at 10:46 AM, Lens said:

I'm so excited about the advancements in virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) gaming. It will enhance immersive experiences , and I think they'll also revolutionize the way we play games too.

It’s an exciting time for sure! The blend of physical and digital worlds could open up new genres and gameplay mechanics we haven’t even thought of yet. What do you think will be the biggest challenge for VR and AR in mainstream gaming?

On 8/28/2024 at 8:37 PM, killamch89 said:

It’s an exciting time for sure! The blend of physical and digital worlds could open up new genres and gameplay mechanics we haven’t even thought of yet. What do you think will be the biggest challenge for VR and AR in mainstream gaming?

I expect more immersive experiences. The VR and AR will definitely revolutionise the gaming industry but it is likely to face challenges of accessibility and cost.  

19 hours ago, Lens said:

I expect more immersive experiences. The VR and AR will definitely revolutionise the gaming industry but it is likely to face challenges of accessibility and cost.  

The cost is definitely a huge sticking point but it should get cheaper as the tech is more integrated into the gaming industry.

On 8/30/2024 at 7:25 PM, killamch89 said:

The cost is definitely a huge sticking point but it should get cheaper as the tech is more integrated into the gaming industry.

I agree with your point and I'm excited about the potential of cloud gaming, game streaming, and cross-platform play as well. I got attached because they could increase accessibility and convenience.